Thread: How to delete the Preinstalled Backgrounds in Blackberry OS7

How to delete the Preinstalled Backgrounds in Blackberry OS7

I have BlackBerry Bold 9930 updated to the BlackBerry OS7 and frankly OS7 is actually terrific but I need to know something on it Does anybody familiar with the exact name for the .cod file to remove the already installed backgrounds? On the new os7 BlackBerry did not consist of "backgrounds" as a name of the file that is why I am unable to find it and I have no idea is to where this files would be and apparently don’t know what file to remove. Does anybody here can help me on this issue I would be really glad to known about this or any suggestions on how to remove those dreadful 14 wallpapers plus the directory?

Thanks

Re: How to delete the Preinstalled Backgrounds in Blackberry OS7

I don’t think you be able to remove these file if you have already installed it to the extent that I know. I think what you require to do is get rid of the cods before the installation of the operating system and the cods that you need to remove is :

Code:
    net_rim_bb_medialoader_backgrounds_640x480_01a_t.cod
    net_rim_bb_medialoader_backgrounds_640x480_01b_t.cod

I think you can able to remove the files after installation with the help of the BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife or may be with the help of the BB Boss OS Shrinker see what better suit to you and please post back the result

Quote Originally Posted by Bala Murugan S View Post
    I think you can able to remove the files after installation with the help of the BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife or may be with the help of the BB Boss OS Shrinker see what better suit to you and please post back the result
    You need not have to use any of this BBSAK or else BB Boss to remove those cods from your handset you just be able to get this done manually you could remove them from the java folder after that reload the OS.

Sorry guys I un able to locate those cods while at the time I have checked I'll need to go plus check once more at the moment that I have the exact name. Thanks!

By the way I have no luck either locating it on the BBSAK or else BB Boss, also by look for by the mean of the e .cods or else by inspecting the "default backgrounds" box in BB Boss.

It might be the RIM that making this thing difficult to get rid of the extra garbage on our handsets BBSAK stopped my Wi-Fi plus radio while make use of it . together apps certainly require to be updated intended for BlackBerry OS7 to attempt to right to use the rest of the concealed thing . Every one of these mp4 videos need to go..

Really a bummer I have done the total clean of the Operating System plus do a clean install load it as of my desktop, however couldn't locate them also. This is really such a misuse of available space.

Recently I have updated to the to .374 on my BlackBerry Torch 9850, then I have removed all the earlier OS on my computer, after that installed the .374 OS. I didn't use the Desktop Manager , however in its place I made used of BlackBerry Boss 2.2 to reduce down the OS by checking the boxes to remove all the additional languages, the stock backgrounds, and so on., moreover then click "start app loader". It didn't remove the intro video, however did dispose of the backgrounds. go from 190 or so MB down to 94.9 MB previous to install

Look like you have been lucky as I am doing the same I don’t know whether mine have some problem but they be coming again all the time . though after many OS clean I hope I could get rid of them. By the way good to know you achieved

I don’t know whether you’re on Verizon but the new upgrade permit you to remove these backgrounds, the video, as well as avatars. About time. I don’t know how much this would help you but I hope you will be success

I would akin to familiar with the exactly How so? I have downloaded this Operating System and shrink it with the help of the BlackBerry Boss although it’s every time still present How did you able to do that ?

In fact I have upgraded its previous night plus each of mine are yet there , without the alternative of removing any of them