Thread: How to Change Default Energy Management Option in Lenovo Ideapad y570

How to Change Default Energy Management Option in Lenovo Ideapad y570

I usually keep my laptop always connected to the power cord. it means that it always switch on. At that there might be chance of huge power wastage when the laptop is not in use. So i want to configure the settings of laptop effeciently so that it can Optimize for battery Health. I can set this setting in power management but when i restart the system all the setting will revert back to its default and it is really irritating. i cannot change it everytime. Is there any way to permanently modify the defualt options there?

Currently i am usign the Lenovo ideapad y570

Re: How to Change Default Energy Management Option in Lenovo Ideapad y570

Which Windows? The Vista power management should be sufficient for most needs. With XP we need of course not to talk about it. The Power Manager for Vista and also have the Lenovo essentially only for the GUI's powercfg. You are in a position where you write together appropriate configurations, you need neither the one nor the other tool.

On the Lenovo there is a program installed called 'Energy Management'. This is displayed in the taskbar. Can be opened by double clicking it. There are four options: Performance, Balance, Super Low Power and Energy Safer. If you click on an icon will appear there Doppler then the settings, etc. will also shut down for the time after which the screen. You can also set all other parameters individually.

I'm having the same issue. I have to reset it to maximize battery health every time my computer restarts. Someone recommended setting it in safe mode, but I was not able to access all of the power management settings while in safe mode. I'm running windows 7. Anyone have any other suggestions?

According to me Energy management scheme seems to automatic change to preserver Battery Runtime if battery is running low. However it fails to remember user preferences. In case power is seems to cut off for second then batteries are low to start then setting will change without making aware the users.
    You have to enable a pop up which will tell you that settings has been changed so that user will get notification for the same. into help section there will be settings which will change when battery falls to x?% and also setting change back when unit is plugged in.