Thread: ASUS G74SX-A1 laptop Keyboard not working

ASUS G74SX-A1 laptop Keyboard not working

Recently I have purchased New ASUS G74SX-A1 with windows 7 64 bit delivered with Drivers Only. I very much font of these laptop and it is great but except the keyboard. The keyboard of it makes us sad. I am not quite sure about that it is the problem of the keyboard so I need to confirm. from you guys. Also many keys don't register, I mean they fail.

Re: ASUS G74SX-A1 laptop Keyboard not working

Same with me Many keys don't enlist genuinely. I would be able to imitate the issue splendidly. As an illustration, the M key feels like it occupy, but doesn't enlist with the OS unless you hit (peruse that as press, not in reality hit) it straight down and hard. The PGDN key might be completely pressed straight down and not enlist and you obviously feel the nexus interest , then you are able to press simply a small harder and at long last get it to enlist. Down Arrow has same situation. Strangely, a considerable number of keys might be totally "physically" occupied and you back off never enough to feel it separate and the crux quits enrolling.

By investigating I think its mostly just as the mechanical and electrical structures in the console don't match up such that when the crux interest it isn't as a matter of fact reaching. Happens with regardless 30% of the keys that I know beyond any doubt, but I see no plan in the outline and the keys I've found.

ATK drivers, Factory Image restore, and so forth. They are attempting and the backing individuals are responsive and delightful, but we aren't getting wherever yet. Along these lines, while I am going with them, I desired to see if any individual here had any musings. I adore this laptop, so it could be a disgrace to need to dividend it and get something contrasting. I trust I don't need to go that track. I went for a G74SX-BBK7 or something similar to that, a little contrasting model in the arrangement) even from an optimistic standpoint Buy and had no issues whatsoever. The console looked and felt indistinguishable, but sorted wonderfully.

I've been utilizing my G74SX-A1 for generally a week now and I have EXACTLY the same issue with the console. I need to "hammer" the keys when sorting to keep away from haphazard keystrokes from being missed by the framework, and even then some elements are missed in any given extended sentence. I've attempted playing with all control board settings and nothing appears to serve some useful purpose. I moreover have a supplemental situation of the delete enter consistently getting stayed in the down position following which I need to physically pry it like a pro or strike into it hard.

I'm likewise having a G73SW Best Buy model which I long ago utilized day by day for months. The console on the G73 has none of the proposed issues and feels all in all distinctive (in an absolutely exceptional course) from the G74 console. ASUS took a major stride regressive in console value with the G74. The proposed issues appear to me to be mechanical in nature and I completely look for that the just determination should be a console swap-out.

I spent fifteen moments at the very most Buy unequivocally sorting to see how the console worked (I'm an absolute console showoff). I didn't have it miss a nexus once while sorting I was sorting in notepad, seeing how the console felt and depending on if it ever missed any sorting). I in reality thought the crux movement and console appearance was exceptionally comparative to my MacBook Pro i.e., elevated commendation.

The model worst case scenario Buy is the G74SX-BBK7-I as a matter of fact attempted it a Best Buy myself and the console is just somewhat special, but appeared to perform impeccably on the BBK7. May be a diverse clump or to a limited extent diverse model of console betwixt the BBK7 and the A1.

The console I mean the keyboard on my G74SX-A1 additionally has the same issue you're discussing it. It looks quite excellent and unyielding but its unequivocally crazy how hard you need to prod the proposed catches to get them to enroll rightly. Here and there I prod the bind dead on and it doesn't do a thing. On desktop consoles and on my old laptop I sorted at harshly 100 WPM with a 96% exactness. On this laptop, I sort less than 90 WPM with a 90% precision. This isn't a situation with me nor me being utilized to alternate consoles. This is a situation of ASUS making grave consoles for commonplace.

I found the ATK driver redesign and against all odds i click on it to fix it declares a different form of this item is even now introduced.. My console will compose but i need to press down the catches hard or else it will miss keys. I acquired this laptop a few days back and I cannot spot the ATK product on put or uproot projects in uninstall it. I called ASUS uphold, which I was told to do a framework restore to first cycle on this just took the ribbon off new 3 day old machine. He guaranteed me that could most likely alter the situation. Didn't appear consistent to me, but did it anyway. Nope. Didn't settle the situation, still lost huge number of erratic key strokes.