Thread: Has anyone tried editing the registry of Nokia Lumia 800?

Has anyone tried editing the registry of Nokia Lumia 800?

I have been trying all the possible methods to edit the registry of the said phone but so far I am unsuccessful with it. So now I want to seek some help from you all as if you do have some idea about what to do here. In case if you all have some help for me regarding the same then do reply on the same I am waiting for the suggestions from you all. That’s what I want to say here. So anyone here who has got some fitting reply for the same then start suggesting accordingly over here that’s what I can say here. So guys start commenting accordingly.

Re: Has anyone tried editing the registry of Nokia Lumia 800?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash^Bi View Post
    I have been trying all the possible methods to edit the registry of the said phone but so far I am unsuccessful with it. So now I want to seek some help from you all as if you do have some idea about what to do here. In case if you all have some help for me regarding the same then do reply on the same I am waiting for the suggestions from you all. That’s what I want to say here. So anyone here who has got some fitting reply for the same then start suggesting accordingly over here that’s what I can say here. So guys start commenting accordingly.
    No you would not be able to do that since in order to do that you need to have a authority access from the developers account and then only you can make some changes to the registry itself. So that’s what you should be doing I hope you did understand what I am saying here.

So don’t try with any of the modifications for your phone you would not be able to do anything at all, that’s what I am saying here. So hope that was enough for you to understand.

Yes I absolutely agree with what the above user is saying here you should have a more higher access them the normal developer access. You should be having the trick of fooling the phone into thinking you've got higher access then the developer access. So that’s when you will be getting a entry to the registry. I hope whatever I have explained here is much clear for you. That’s it from my side for you all.

Just try with the method that I am giving you here and do let me know if that works for you or not. So what I am saying here is that ##634# install diagnostics app. All I have got to hear is that the app should have registry write access. So if somebody could dump out the rom then it would be better for you that’s what I can say here. So hope you did understand what I am saying here. So please do try out that method and let me know if it is working for you or not.

Dude I have already tried out with the said method and the only thing that is missing here is that it is failing to install the Nokia RM-801 drivers. Now I don’t understand why it is behaving in that abnormal way any suggestions that you all would like to give over here for the same then that would be better I suppose. However I am going to take some help from the nokia people about the same and will ask them as if what is the exact procedure.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash^Bi View Post
    Dude I have already tried out with the said method and the only thing that is missing here is that it is failing to install the Nokia RM-801 drivers. Now I don’t understand why it is behaving in that abnormal way any suggestions that you all would like to give over here for the same then that would be better I suppose. However I am going to take some help from the nokia people about the same and will ask them as if what is the exact procedure.
    Yes nokia is still left to install some of the drivers that are ready to be installed in the phone and one of the example is the one that you have given me recently and the other one is the USB modem driver. So that’s another one. Now as soon as some updates will be launched for the phones and hence I am thinking that it will solve the update soon, that’s what I want to say here. I hope you did understand what I have said here that’s it from my side for you all.

Ok slowly and eventually nokia will be surely coming up with the update for sure, that’s what I think here. I think that would be the right time to do some experiments with the phone and also unlock it as well as if it is locked but as of now I think we must enjoy all the features of the phone. That’s what we should be doing.