Thread: Asus G73 laptop keyboard light not working after flashing it with BIOS 209

Asus G73 laptop keyboard light not working after flashing it with BIOS 209

I have flashed my Laptop. I have Asus G73 Laptop and I have flashed with BIOS 209 lately. Because of this flashing light of the keyboard stopped working. I have tries all possible ways to bring the light but no change. Any help from you all would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Asus G73 laptop keyboard light not working after flashing it with BIOS 209

I have searched on the internet and got to know to that if The BIOS 209 is not compatible with your laptop resulting issues with keyboard light. I will provide a shortcut to the files needed to fix the missing lights on the G73Jh keyboard after a failed flash. If you are not comfortable flashing the BIOS on the G73Jh and have the missing light issue then I highly suggest you contact our Service group to arrange a RMA. Although every precaution has been taken to ensure the safety of this flash, there is always the possibility of a failed flash due to power outage, hardware modifications to the unit, or simply bad luck.

There are a few packed files or you can say directories within the downloaded record-G73JhFixKBLights.rar. The fine folks at HP handled a brilliant USB Disk Tool that permits you to make a bootable USB Flash Drive and this project is found in the HPUSBDisk.rar organizer. With a specific end goal, which is to make a bootable drive you will additionally require the needed DOS indexes and the great work force at Microsoft gave these documents in the Win98boot.rar envelope. Separate both organizers to your hard drive and open the HP USB Disk device and take after the directions to make a clean bootable glimmer drive. More directions on the best way to do this are effortlessly good to go via Google. Following making the bootable glimmer drive (FAT32 is the safest alternative) then you will would like to extricate the substance of the Fixmykb.rar record to this drive.

• For those of you who at present have a bootable USB Flash Drive then you will would like to remove the substance of the Fixmykb.rar record to this
    • drive. Now you are available to have the lights gone ahead.
    • -Boot into Windows and turn off the lights comprehensively utilizing the light switch catch in the upper other side corner on the console deck. Embed
    • your bootable USB glimmer head with the Fixmykb.rar substance concentrated on to it.
    • -Reboot and instantly begin tapping the Delete key to drop in the BIOS. You will would like to pilot to the Boot segment of the BIOS and afterward update
    • the Hard Drive boot settings on Option 1 to your Flash drive. Retreat the BIOS while sparing the settings and the unit ought to boot of the USB drive now.
    • -Once you have booted off the USB drive, essentially sort fixmykb and you might as well see a glimmer fulfillment screen instantly. Evacuate the glimmer
    • drive and capacity down the framework.
    • -Hold up ten seconds and after that capacity up the framework and drop in Windows. Once in Windows, turn on the lights with the switch bind and you
    • need to have an illuminated console now, utilize FN+F4 to light up the console or FN+F3 to lower it.

Actually on the off chance that this did not work then reboot the framework and hold up until you are in Windows, press FN+F4 a couple of times and the console might as well be illuminated now. We did encounter on several frameworks (numerous BIOS flashes to shifting fabricates on top of the vBIOS flashes) that the unit required the ATK drivers stacked again so if the lights are not working by now, satisfy reload the ATK drivers. I remarkably propose utilizing the last form on our post. Following uninstalling the old set, rebooting, and after that fixing the last ATK driver set the lights need to begin working again following utilizing the FN+F4 system.

I utilized this schedule twice and it invariably furnished a proportional payback to working request on an endorsed ASUS BIOS. In the event that you are utilizing an adjusted BIOS, make a point not to attempt this technique without returning back to an ASUS BIOS as it would be able to render your framework inoperable.

Lost my console lights following blazing from 206 to 209. I called Asus back and they pointed me to Best Buy where i acquired the machine. The PC is now in the hands of Best Buy and on the gameplan to their utility focus with an evaluated dividend date of June 23. I hold my fingers crossed that the Geeks can alter it, granted that they did figure out how to scratch the top of the workstation when they flipped it over to verify the serial number. I was told that it either will be come back with the console lights working and a brand new best or I could be getting a newfangled one.

I utilized win glimmer for upgradeing to 206 from 205. I encountered zero situations. Yet when I did it again utilizing win flash for 209, I lost my console light. Every last item else is fuctional. I genuinely think there are to a limited extent better shifts of the motherboard going around.

I had no situations blazing 209 utilizing EZFLASH. I likewise manually switched the lights off before blazing as someone awhile ago presented. In addition my partner redesigned it with 206 to 209 didn't lose my Keyboard lights.

Don't think I see that being the explanation. The situations in this string are identified with a BIOS glimmer upgrade. All items was working fine soon after the upgrade, then after that stopped when the upgrade. That sounds more similar to a programming identified situation to me, and accordingly not fittings identified, or value control identified. My speculation is that it has something to do with the momentum setup on the single laptop, drivers, and probably settings in the bios or vbios when the glimmer upgrade is finished.

Remarkably doubtful, specifically when glimmering from the BIOS. While there's a slight risk some different procedure would be able to hose a winflash, there are NO drivers or any possible OS-identified programming stacked around the same time as BIOS POST or in BIOS setup. This doesn't mean I'm stating its equipment however the BIOS is code, and so are the streak utilities, and so is the firmware that systems the fittings that controls the lighting. Individuals, in the event that you hold this situation our just alternative is to call Asus and let them know that there is a situation. I moreover concur with MarkS in that I don't think it quite matters assuming that we utilize winflash or easyflash, as I have had achievement before utilizing winflash. However for the sole purpose of being safe I will no longer utilize winflash. Confidently Asus will listen and give us a BIOS upgrade soon.