Thread: Unable to update BlackBerry os 7 due to Blackberry desktop manager

Unable to update BlackBerry os 7 due to Blackberry desktop manager

I have recently purchased the Blackberry 9900 smartphone and now i want to perform the update BlackBerry OS 7 on it. then i download its version on laptop and connect my mobile phone to laptop. when i try to perform update task on it, it gives update failed message. also i realize that the BB desktop manager won't recognized my phone. can anybody help me to fix this issue? thanks.

Re: Unable to update BlackBerry os 7 due to Blackberry desktop manager

in that case, i would be suggest to you for perform the hard reset task on your smartphone. this will be work to fix your complicated task on your mobile phone. you need to perform the hard reset task on it. try this and check what happens onto it.

Quote Originally Posted by Samaria View Post
    in that case, i would be suggest to you for perform the hard reset task on your smartphone. this will be work to fix your complicated task on your mobile phone. you need to perform the hard reset task on it. try this and check what happens onto it.
    if this will be not work. then remove the mobile battery for few time period. mostly try to unplug this mobile battery for 10 minute. this will be work to perform your setting set to its default stage. try this nad check what resutl arrives onto your mobile phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Kork View Post
    if this will be not work. then remove the mobile battery for few time period. mostly try to unplug this mobile battery for 10 minute. this will be work to perform your setting set to its default stage. try this nad check what resutl arrives onto your mobile phone.
    I have read your problem and after reading your problem I would like to tell you that you should try to check the link you use for downloading this BB OS 7. hence try this and check its valuable result on your smartphone. check this things and perform necessary task onto it. this changing the download link will be work to fix your complicated problem onto it.

If you are still finding the difficulties reset your mobile phone. this is most useful task that i used in my smartphone. i also faced similar problem and i try this solutions. this will be work and in response this will be fix my problem. hence i also suggest to you for try this and check what happen onto it.

Quote Originally Posted by CassandraD View Post
    If you are still finding the difficulties reset your mobile phone. this is most useful task that i used in my smartphone. i also faced similar problem and i try this solutions. this will be work and in response this will be fix my problem. hence i also suggest to you for try this and check what happen onto it.
    it might be possible that the Bb desktop manager you installed on your lapotp is being makes such kind of problem. in that case, i would be suggets to you for try this and chekc what things happen otno it. might be possible that the reinstallation of the BB desktop manager works to fix this complex issue. using this simple process, connect your phone to this lapotp system.

Instead of doing this task with the help of using the BB desktop manager, i will be recommend to you for use the other technique to do this task. you can also try to perform the update task on your smartphone. this will be work to fix your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaganvihari View Post
    Instead of doing this task with the help of using the BB desktop manager, i will be recommend to you for use the other technique to do this task. you can also try to perform the update task on your smartphone. this will be work to fix your problem.
    Check that you have deleted ALL the vendor.xml files on the computer. thsi is necessary for making the connection of mobile phone with this laptop system. try this and check the mobile phone connections. if your mobile connect try to do the update task on it.

if main problem is related to connectivity of the mobile phone with your laptop, i recommend to replace your USB cable. yes, it might be possible that problem is being present on your cable connections. try this and check what things happen onto it. it could be fix your connectivity problem. if mobile connected to laptop, try to do this BB OS 7 update task with the help of BB desktop manager.

if still it gives similar problem, there is necessary to confirm the BB mobile phone is being compatible with this BB OS 7. if you confirm about this compatibility, then try this update process. otherwise all are just waste.

Thanks Donatien, I've now followed your advice in the first post and it works to get more information about this smartphone. With the help of this checking confirmation task, all the result helps me to perform this update task in proper way. Then i download and install this updated BlackBerry os 7 on my smartphone.