Thread: Not able to buy ebooks from Barnes & Noble because of Canadian address

Not able to buy ebooks from Barnes & Noble because of Canadian address

I am having a Nook 8gb tablet and then problem that I am facing is that I am not able to buy books from Barnes & Noble because of Canadian address as I had a registered it with a Canadian credit card, I was not having any issues in getting ebooks previously but then I am not able to buy them anymore from a week. I have also tried to use my brother’s American address but then when I am trying to buy then it says that I am still having a Canadian address, is there anyone who can help me out??

re: Not able to buy ebooks from Barnes & Noble because of Canadian address

I am having a Nook 8gb tablet and then problem that I am facing is that I am not able to buy books from Barnes & Noble because of Canadian address as I had a registered it with a Canadian credit card, I was not having any issues in getting ebooks previously but then I am not able to buy them anymore from a week. I have also tried to use my brother’s American address but then when I am trying to buy then it says that I am still having a Canadian address, is there anyone who can help me out??
    As far as I am aware if you are registering with a B&N account with American shipping and billing address then you should be able to buy ebooks without any issues as the billing address is not checked. I have heard that with Canadian address ones is not able to buy most of the books at B&N. I think that you might be having the same case. I think that you should better contact the B&N and see what they have to say about the same.

I have been facing the same issue but then not exactly the same, actually I am having US address for the shipping and billing address, but then when I am using a non-US credit card then I am not able to buy any books from Barnes & Noble. I think that it is something related with the IP address as when I am in usa then I am able to buy books.

I just wanted to share that why you are carrying out business which has such a policy, I mean that there are a no of other companies who are carrying out their business with Canadians, Juts check out for them.

I have found that when you are out from Canada and US then there is also a need to have a US VPN in order to get an US IP-address say for e.g. Hotspot Shield and so, after that you can just use your computer to buy books, magazines etc, if you want then you can just Sync your tablet library in order to download them, I l also wanted to share that there are some B&N books which are available for US and Canadian IP-address and that is the reason that you don’t need VPN for Canada.