Thread: Need suggestion, blackberry OS 7 access the MicroSD card?

Need suggestion, blackberry OS 7 access the MicroSD card?

i have noticed one thing that is as: when i am using faulty Micro SD card at that time i get that device was unusable at many times. when i checked for the reason for that at that time i get that CPU spikes were happening alot, but still i am not able to get that what is wrong with this. and also i have seen the big difference in the battery life when the card failed on me and the device did not recognize it. so for that reason can here anyone suggest me some suggestion on my questions which i have listed below::

1. Is OS 7 using the Micro SD card in a new ways that can affect phone performance?
    2. Is there a way to see if the Micro SD card is being accessed to much by the OS?

re: Need suggestion, blackberry OS 7 access the MicroSD card?

hey dude, here let me tell you that OS7 uses the Micro SD card for the storing the user files and data such as:: camera pictures, music files, documents and also patch information if your carrier supports that. but here i would like to say here that the presence of the MicroSD card is not necessary for OS7 to operate. and also here i would like to say to you that the OS is not uses the MicroSD for essential core operation , but there are so many of the third party application which uses the Micro SD card for the working. and also in your case, i am not getting that why are you facing the problem of the battery life due to the fail of your micro SD card. this is because there are not relation between the SD card and battery uses. this is because, smartphone are using the Micro SD card is to manually look at the files on the card and do some detective work that way. try to use the other SD card which is not corrupted.

Yes, i tried with the removing the SD card and after that i get that the performance are improved. i am thinking that apps using it for storage were trying over and also over again to write to it. not sure about this but still if here anyone have the suggestion about this then please reply me back here for suggesting me.

if you are getting the problem with the battery life then i think that this is happening with you because, underlying OS driver likely was trying to access the faulty hardware and this is the main reason that your OS is using the so much battery life. i am not sure about this thing, i am just guessing this thing. and also there might be the reason of the hardware failure in this case, not sure about this. and for getting resolve this type of the problem, i will say you to try with the using the valid Micro SD card, because you are getting the problem only with the using the faulty SD card.

Yes, i also agree with the OS 7 access on the MicroSD card. this is because when i was using the 2 year old 16 gig at that time never get this type of the problem. and i get the problem when i am using the new card and with this i get the same problem or using the battery so much.

Hey all thanks for suggesting me about this all things i agree with the all the comments over here. but here can anyone suggest me the proper reasons due to which i am getting this type of the problem?? please reply me back about this. yes, i am having the other SD card to use with the phone but still io just wanted to know the reason behind this problem.

Re: Need suggestion, blackberry OS 7 access the MicroSD card?

Yes, i was also searching for getting the new blackberry OS 7 update for my Blackberry bold. and also i was having the same questions as Kalak have asked here. and i referred with all the suggestion over here. but still i am getting some confusion about will blackberry OS 7 access the MicroSD card??? yes, i know that in the above posts your all have suggested about this but still i am not agree with this. what can i do now?? please suggest me some other suggestion about this.