Thread: Blackberry OS 7 upgrade to BBX

Blackberry OS 7 upgrade to BBX

is this true that BB OS7 to BBX is upgradeable. If not, I consider many people will be let down by that. Do not wish to get an old device. You see, the amount of progress over OS6 OS7? And what about future updates of OS7? We do not count for much. Let's see, what to do to satisfy their customers? Conduct a survey to find out exactly what your customers need. We believe that Research In Motion, will make a good change for the future.

Re: Blackberry OS 7 upgrade to BBX

Don't add up on OS7 devices being upgradable to BBX (yes, it could take place). The QNX operating system will need such dissimilar hardware, I just don't think it will occur.

I am disappointed with RIM's strategy. RIM produced a large number of devices OS7, but are not so different from OS6 devices and not upgradeable. RIM should ask yourself if your customers like. We want to take advantage of new technologies, but that does not mean we have to change our equipment.

I asked RIM if the current line of devices would be expandable to BBX OS7, which is the new BlackBerry operating system for smartphones and tablets, and stop paying attention will not. What does this mean? well as the current cell OS7 (torch2, 9900, etc.) running on single core processors that will not be able to handle the processing power needed for BBX, so far the only confirmed the device playbook BBX .

Blackberry does more surface area to bring new phones on the market. one time the Blackberry users have a huge range to select will be less likely to alter brands and other smartphone operating systems. At this point, the task of RIM is to keep the users you have. Attracting new customers is something that RIM does not even have time to think.

However, even if that is the case, the fact that they are losing their customer base in markets like the U.S. already have people to lose confidence in arrears, especially now that users in the enterprise market are gathering outside of IOS.

I remember reading that the BB7 devices can not be updated and when you think about it makes perfect sense. The next operating system QNX BBX is based, it will not work with Java virtual machines used for the current sprint Java-based BlackBerry OS. To set BBX, would likely need a change in the low level of firmware, which can only be made within mills RIM. And unfortunately, I do not see RIM pay shipping for the current devices back to the factory to end devices that may be of little power and therefore will result in a lot of complaints.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure you can flash the BB in the current JVM (though not common). And although it was never the case, RIM has been working on BBX possibly long enough to have the foresight to load a JVM replacement tool in the last BBs.

I was never thinking that this could be a problem that the operating system is burned in the device. Of course it could be really something. But since there are tools like our Swiss Army knife, I do not think this would be a problem (but probably not a chance really bricking it. I've read about the update / BBOS7 possibilities before buying the device. As far as I am reminded that there was a statement about the needs of dual-core CPUs QNX.

I have several minor issues with torch so we went to the Vodafone store today to see if in essence could change by a Bold 9900 and I have been with Vodafone for some time (although I have 14 months remaining on the contract of 24 months). I asked the sales person if the sale OS7 devices can be upgraded to BBX when you leave or come to be deceased. He said they have been informed by a representative of BlackBerry yes, the only devices OS7 (9900, 9810 and 9860) would be able to upgrade to BBX.