Thread: Blackberry OS7 WiFi Hotspot capabilities

Blackberry OS7 WiFi Hotspot capabilities

Does anyone know if the ability of Wi-Fi hotspot with time or Blackberry will become less of a need to spoon data plans coming to the carriers? I still hear about NFC technology in the leaked specifications for filtering BB devices (Monaco, bold touch, touch curve, etc.), but nothing about the ability wifi hotspot. Right now, I would love to have WiFi access point in my 9700 would probably be willing to pay for it (up to a limit) that AT & T charges, because it would give me access to my playbook and where Portable, anywhere, but a cube data plan also address the issue.

Re: Blackberry OS7 WiFi Hotspot capabilities

AT&T is attempting to solve out how they can force phones off wifi onto their hotspots whenever their hotspots are in range, even if you are in your house!

Has anyone been able to confirm yet if the function is active mobile hotspot in the 9810 Torch? We know that BB was announced in OS7. However, most of the speculation has been so far no one knows regarding the 8910 and AT & T brand phones do not. That last part of AT & T seems silly because the iPhone has enabled wireless access point. This is the feature that would convince me of an update of my current torch 1.

One feature that has been lost in all versions of BlackBerry 7 is difficult for capacity Wi-Fi Hot Spot. We have seen, then no, then I saw him, now his past. Word on the street is that the feature is obtainable for devices (like the majority on a per carrier) down the road in an official software update. Well, seems like somebody from Sprint is not observed as it loads the BlackBerry Bold 9850 units sold in packaging that proclaims the right Capable hot spot in the box. While this is somewhat true as it will be able to update, is not entirely accurate. Sprint employees received notice regarding what you can be sure to notify buyers that the feature is not up till now available, however, is said to be reached in the fourth quarter . So I hope that this highly sought after feature will actually courtesy of an official update soon.

Currently, the 9810 is not capable of wifi access point. We know that the 99xx series is achieved in an operating system upgrade, so there is no reason to think that 9810 is not going to get well. You will more than likely have to use a filter or other operating system for carriers if the AT&T.

To be honest with all due respect to all U.S. American Internet sucks, I was on vacation in August and was given 20 days to require the use of Verizon Prepaid Internet wifi hotspot that I bought cost me $ 200 and the project was about $ 80 of 5 GB, and during that time I ATT 2GB for use with my iPhone 3G about $ 50, that you invented the Internet and are too poor to really expensive in the U.S., which will show the amount of 3 GB costs only 5 euros in Italy, check the link if you do not believe me.

I personally do not care if this feature is added or not, Sprint's plan is $ 49.99 for mobile access point and use the features of your phone and the extra $ 29.99, so for an extra $ 80 I can use something that is already on the phone, this is what all people have been spending Evo. The best way is just to get a clear wireless access point for about $ 55, saving me about $ 25 or if you have any other way than it is cheaper. This is ridiculous that capitalism in this country to charge and then charge again for the same product in many different ways, just absurd.

where is the functionality of mobile hotspot in the present batch of BlackBerry smartphones. BlackBerry OS7 was just a news to comprise the function, but are yet to come. A recently leaked memo Sprint now gives us an idea of ​​the coming availability of the function. In response to customers asking why the box for the Sprint BlackBerry 9850 Torch mentions the access point capabilities, the company has distributed the memo to their employees so they can answer customer questions. The official word, according to this is that the phone will acquire the ability through its first software update.

I saw something mentioned that the 9810 box had the words "access point wifi enabled" or something like that. However, in my ATT 9810 box, I can not find anything. I will not be happy if spec'd to ATT phones without this capability.