Thread: Dell XPS 15Z keyboard is not working

Dell XPS 15Z keyboard is not working

I'm currently using Dell XPS 15Z laptop with windows xp and now i found that few keys present on my keyboard has not been works well. mainly the arrow keys that i used for gaming purpose has gives problem. there are not any single reactions happen on the laptop when i press this arrow keys. also the touchpad of the laptop has not been performed any actions on this laptop. Does any one else fix this issue?? is yes, then please help me to fix this complicated issue. thanks for any help.

Re: Dell XPS 15Z keyboard is not working

There may be a calibration for the touchpad that needs to be reset. you can try to do this simple process on your dell laptop. resetting touchpad setting will be workful to you for fixing this touchpad problem. hence i would be recommend to you for try this simple process and check its reflections on your laptop system. i hope that this will be work to fix your complex issues which is related to this keyboard and touchpad.

Quote Originally Posted by CassandraD View Post
    There may be a calibration for the touchpad that needs to be reset. you can try to do this simple process on your dell laptop. resetting touchpad setting will be workful to you for fixing this touchpad problem. hence i would be recommend to you for try this simple process and check its reflections on your laptop system. i hope that this will be work to fix your complex issues which is related to this keyboard and touchpad.
    there might be possibility that this is driver issue. if you work on widnows cp on your dell system, i thing you need to driver upgrade. Device manager of the laptop system gives this faciltiy to perform keyboard driver upgrade task. yuo need to select the keyboard driver and try to upgrade this driver. this is well for you to fix this complex issue. try this and check what happen onto it.

instead of doing this i suggest to you for try to check performance of keyboard on safe mode. might be the result comes in different manner. try this and as per result apply respective actions onto it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aalap View Post
    instead of doing this i suggest to you for try to check performance of keyboard on safe mode. might be the result comes in different manner. try this and as per result apply respective actions onto it.
    you can also use Dell diagnostic tools at the time of rebooting your laptop system. this tools indicates the reason behind this issue. use the reason and as per descriptions apply spolutions on this issue. this is well to fix your problem.

if some keys of the keyboard has not been working then one solutions fix this problem. this is replacing that keyboard. i have lot of experience of such issue and i suggest to you for do this replacement process. in such cases, updating driver not works. also it is not related to any software or virus kind of issues. its mostly hardware problem and replacement is only solutions over it.