Thread: How to make keyboard silent in HTC sensation XE

How to make keyboard silent in HTC sensation XE

HI, I have bought this phone before some days and really I like every feature except one as whenever I type anything with the phone I used to get clicky sound from the keyboard though I have set system volume to the normal, keyboard clicks are still loud. And the thing is like I'd prefer a silenced keyboard. So is there anyways we can do this? I have tried m y best searching the option for the same but couldn’t find any. Thus hoping that I would find any from here.

Re: How to make keyboard silent in HTC sensation XE

Yeah you are right as the device made mad me as well.

But have you tried the settings for making the sound off simply? I don’t know exactly how we can do that but still by putting the phone in a silent mode can do this for you, as I am having Nokia N8 and I used to get the beep sound whenever I type with the keyboard. But whenever I put the cell in a silent mode I can’t get any such sound while typing as well.

I am also having the same problem with the phone as I have put it in the silent mode as well, but nothing seems to be working with my case. Any more suggestion left?

Though I am agree with the above user but there is another setting as well in the mobile for just making the keyboard silent rather than the whole phone. and for that I would like to suggest you that you should follow the below mentioned steps :

• First open the setting and select the option called “language & keyboard”.

• As soon as select that’s you’ll get another option named “touch input” and subsequently select “text input”.

• Once you select that option you’ll get an screen showing and option for “sound input” thus you have to simple untick that’s option.

This will simply get rid of sound or vibrate while typing to stop vibration and the sounds as well..

Yeah you are right as the device made mad me as well.

But have you tried the settings for making the sound off simply? I don’t know exactly how we can do that but still by putting the phone in a silent mode can do this for you, as I am having Nokia N8 and I used to get the beep sound whenever I type with the keyboard. But whenever I put the cell in a silent mode I can’t get any such sound while typing as well.
    At some excent you are right as it would be better to put the cell in a silent mode, but over here the thing is like we cant any notifications as well, like if someone calls us or we receive any message then also we can’t get any notification for the same.

First open the setting and select the option called “language & keyboard”.

As soon as select that’s you’ll get another option named “touch input” and subsequently select “text input”.

Once you select that option you’ll get an screen showing and option for “sound input” thus you have to simple untick that’s option.

I have done that as well whatever you have mentioned but after selecting that as well, I can’t see any variation over there, but putting the phone in silent works perfectly, what could be the problem any idea?

it might be possible that there could be some problem with the firmware you have installed in the mobile, as either it will be corrupted or some of the file will be missing which causing such problem with the phone.

Thus I would like to recommend you that you should try to reset the firmware of the phone and see whether you are getting any variation in the performance or not. Because I think resetting will be good enough and there isn’t any need of reinstalling the firmware in the phone. and obviously you must have to make use of hard resetting as well if the soft resetting couldn’t help you anyway.