Thread: Wifi not working after reflashing Eken M002

Wifi not working after reflashing Eken M002

I am using Eken M002. And previously I was having problem with the built-in browser as it used to get shutdown every now and then but later I did a reflash with WMT2.0 firmware which I found on the Ekens site and I did not got a backup of the previous version and I don’t remember the previous version as well and after the reflashing process was complete wifi has completely stopped working. Is there anyone who can help me to get it work again? Any suggestion regarding this will be highly appreciated.

Re: Wifi not working after reflashing Eken M002

I am using Eken M002. And previously I was having problem with the built-in browser as it used to get shutdown every now and then but later I did a reflash with WMT2.0 firmware which I found on the Ekens site and I did not got a backup of the previous version and I don’t remember the previous version as well and after the reflashing process was complete wifi has completely stopped working. Is there anyone who can help me to get it work again? Any suggestion regarding this will be highly appreciated.
    I think that you can try out the following versions and see if they are making any difference:
    • WMT1.8
    • WMT1.9.1
    • WMT 1.7.4

If even they give you the same response then I think that you can try to replace the rt3070sta driver module in WMT2.0 with rt2870sta from WMT1.7.4 and see if it is helping you out or not but then I will say that keep it as the last option. Just check it out and then let me know if it helps or not.

I have tried the reflash the device with the WMT1.8 to 1.9.1 but then I have found that they are not at all running and they are just giving me a black screen and after your suggestion I have also tried to replace the rt3070sta driver module in WMT2.0 with rt2870sta from WMT1.7.4 but then I don’t think that it is making any difference and even it is giving ma a black screen. Is there anything that I could try out to get it work?

I have found that according the idVendor the chip is actually manufactured by Realtek and on the other hand the rtxx70sta driver module has been designed for the Ralink chips only but then I am not sure about it and I need to confirm the same from you. I will also like to know that are they using any non-standard wifi module. If it is possible then just post the devices vendor & product ids for further help.

I have found that according the idVendor the chip is actually manufactured by Realtek and on the other hand the rtxx70sta driver module has been designed for the Ralink chips only but then I am not sure about it and I need to confirm the same from you. I will also like to know that are they using any non-standard wifi module. If it is possible then just post the devices vendor & product ids for further help.
    I will like to share that I am having the idVendor=0bda and idProduct=8176 and I am very sure that it is a RealTek amd the rtl8188cusis designed for the same and it is not designed for RaLink chip.It is having USB: 0BDA:8176 Realtek RTL8188CU Wireless LAN 802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adapter and it also uses 8192 drivers, so I think that the rtl8192s_usb should be supported as well but then I have found that it depends on the kernel level as well but then I don’t know if that actually matters.

Is there anyone who can help me out? Actually I have replaced my 3070 board with a 3370 board but here the problem is that I do not know how to compile drivers. Any help regarding this will be appreciated.