Thread: HTC sensation XE keeps restarting after installing custom ROM

HTC sensation XE keeps restarting after installing custom ROM

HI, I have sensation XE for a days ago, and just become aware that the phone has started to reboot itself. It’s done it whilst I’ve been using it, and also whilst it’s just been sat on my desk in standby, so I can say that this is just a random nature, so I am not able to predict when it is going to happens once again. But still I have noticed that it is happening only after I have installed custom roms in the device. So will it be the reason causing such problems in the phone? any suggestion for resolving this would be appreciated.

Re: HTC sensation XE keeps restarting after installing custom ROM

Yeah this could be because of the custom ROM that you have installed in your phone, because the thing is like whenever we install any such ROM in the phone it just work properly but whenever we install any application or game in the mobile it just used to cause problem as they are not compatible with the phone’s ROM that you have installed.

I am agree with the above user as the ROM will be incompatible with the phone you have, otherwise I have also rooted the device but haven’t gotten any such problem yet.

But still there could be so many other reason can cause the same thing with the phone that’s the applications and the games that we use to install in the phone. whenever we root the phone so it is not necessary that the application which were working perfectly before will work the same way with the rooted device as well. Thus if you have installed any such application then it is recommended to remove that first, because they are the major cause of such problems.

And same in case of games as well, you should always remember as you need to find the application which are compatible with the ROM you have installed, this is quite wired rather difficult and that’s why it is always recommended to not to root the device.

Have you ever tried resetting the phone?? If not then I would like to recommend you that you should at least try to reset the firmware of the mobile so that you can have idea whether there is some problem with the phone or something else.

You should always start with the soft resetting which will simply restore the settings in the phone but I don’t think that will helpful anyway, but still you can have another option as well like you can try with the hard resetting which will simply restore all the factory data in the phone replacing the existing data in the phone.

Note: it is always recommended to make backup of important data first in the phone and then only proceed with the same, because as mentioned above all the data will wiped out and which couldn’t be recoverable as well.

you should always make use of the ROM’s which came with the mobile, because the thing is like installing custom ROM is not that bad but if something went wrong then you can have fewer option in order to get it resolved rather if you have the same ROM which you have gotten with the phone then you can effortlessly procure any solution for the trouble.

In fact I have also installed custom ROM but everything works fine, while you were installing the ROM have you have made any mistake or something?

you should always make use of the ROM’s which came with the mobile, because the thing is like installing custom ROM is not that bad but if something went wrong then you can have fewer option in order to get it resolved rather if you have the same ROM which you have gotten with the phone then you can effortlessly procure any solution for the trouble.

In fact I have also installed custom ROM but everything works fine, while you were installing the ROM have you have made any mistake or something?
    Is there any way to get the previous rather original ROM once again in the mobile? Though I haven’t found any such problem while installing custom ROM but still it is not working perfectly the way I have expected it to work.

I would like to recommend you that you should try to reinstall the whole firmware in the mobile once again in the phone and see what happens. Because see as you have mentioned like you have installed custom ROM but that is actually equivalent to rooting the phone and I have heard that if we reinstall the firmware in the mobile can simply unroot the mobile once again and you’ll get the ROM that were installed previously what you have gotten the phone.

Though I am agree with the above user as you should start with the firmware resetting but still I personally believes as the resetting will not help you anyway.

Yeah this could be because of the custom ROM that you have installed in your phone, because the thing is like whenever we install any such ROM in the phone it just work properly but whenever we install any application or game in the mobile it just used to cause problem as they are not compatible with the phone’s ROM that you have installed.
    I would like to recommend you the same thing as it would be better if you simply make use of the ROM that you have gotten with the phone rather than the one you have installed. If you don’t know how you can simply get that ROM back you can simply visit the service center for the same.

In fact I am not sure whether they will provide service for the same or not, because I have heard that as such modification can simply void the warranty of the device, no matter whichever it is. But still it will be better if you try the same for once at least.

I can strongly recommend ARHD ROMS to install in your phone as I have done the same thing and haven’t gotten any problems nevertheless .

3.6.4 for a 2.3.4 based ROM using Sense 3.0 Or the one I'm using that’s 4.1.5 which is a 2.3.5 based ROM using Sense 3.5.

Or you could wait a petite as because it is expected to have two newer ROM for the device we are having.

Hey thanks for the suggestion, in fact I was also able to visit the service center only, since I have already done all the things which is actually mentioned above but they seems not working.