Thread: why only 1GB ROM while there is 4GB available in HTC sensation XE

why only 1GB ROM while there is 4GB available in HTC sensation XE

– HI, I am using HTC sensation XE from last couple of days but still the thing that I have mentioned in the title is been noticed today by me. As they have mentioned like they are giving 4 GB ROM in the mobile but still why only 1GB is available for the user, why so ?

And when I was searching about the same I came to know that there is some space available for the OS but still as the extent to I know the OS will be of maximum 200 MB, isn’t it ? so Where is the other 3GB? Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Re: why only 1GB ROM while there is 4GB available in HTC sensation XE

see let me make you aware about the same as It had 4GB internal memory storage, with 1GB for users. But they have never declared to have 4GB available for users. A new ROM, compressed, is approximately of 385MB. The /system partition is 800MB decompressed as far as I know.

This is not with your phone only rather you’ll get the same problem with almost all the phone as they internal memory that we got with the mobile is been used for the applications and the games that we installed with the phone. But still I think this could be vacant for the OS which is upcoming for the device, that’s the ICS update. Anyways if you have doubts regarding the same then you can ask to the support center for the same and see what they are saying about it.

See let me make you aware about the same as It had 4GB internal memory storage, with 1GB for users. But they have never declared to have 4GB available for users. A new ROM, compressed, is approximately of 385MB. The /system partition is 800MB decompressed as far as I know.
    Okay that’s fine as I am agree with you and thanks for the information about the system partition. But still that leaves 2GG, or thereabouts, that come into view to be vacant though.

Does anyone know what this 2Gb is doing? Don’t we have any such way through we can use it?

Okay that’s fine as I am agree with you and thanks for the information about the system partition. But still that leaves 2GG, or thereabouts, that come into view to be vacant though.

Does anyone know what this 2Gb is doing? Don’t we have any such way through we can use it?
    If I am not wrong, I was wondering if it was for the ice cream sandwich update which would be about to come for the mobile. But still I believe as when read the first specification I read said 4Gb ROM but they haven’t mentioned of limitations on what was obtainable to users. Does anyone be acquainted with this thing as if there are any other phones that have engaged ROM like this?

according to me the system partition isn't the only one using the internal memory storage. There are many additional factors to take into consideration such as storage of the bootloader, radio image, etc. It all adds up.

Perhaps not to the full 3GB but pretty near. But I would say I'm not sure if that's the case though, as the typical Sensation only has 1 GB memory and they're basically using the similar software. that's just a dissimilarity in the way they present the specifications the newer sensation also has a 4 GB chip, (about) 1 Gb of which is user available.