Thread: Installing windows 8 drivers on Lenovo ThinkPad x220t

Installing windows 8 drivers on Lenovo ThinkPad x220t

So, I got a Lenovo ThinkPad x220t device and cleaned installed Windows 8 on it. I have installed all the drivers (i think) in this convertible tablet as far as I am concerned. Most of the things work but there are also somethings that do not work. When I press Fn+F6 to bring the communications utility then nothing happens. The antenna utility is also not working when I press Fn+F5 button. There is also no Tablet Utility download. So, if anyone have any idea how to get this things to work then it would be appreciated. Thanks

Re: Installing windows 8 drivers on Lenovo ThinkPad x220t

Since Windows 8 is a new operating system the Active Rotate function is still now available. I also havent heard if anyone has got it to work in Windows 8 till yet. And if you want to turn off bluetooth then you can type Bluetooth on start menu's search box and then go to Settings and select Wireless Communication and here you will get the option of Bluetooth. Lastly, even if you have installed Lenovo driver then also not every function keys will work on Windows 8 which is a new OS.

Re: Installing windows 8 drivers on Lenovo ThinkPad x220t

You can try to fix the Bluetooth issue by downloading and installing the Broadcom Bluetooth 3 driver update from its official website. After that when you are using the wireless settings under "change pc setting" on the charm bar, you will be able to turn off Bluetooth switch and its tray icon will change to red from blue which indicates that it is turned off. But the problem is you can still see the bluetooth light on the monitor which is still on.

Well, have you tried to disable Bluetooth from the BIOS settings? You can also try to install the Windows 8 hotkeys drivers for your Lenovo ThinkPad x220t from here - http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/down...DocID=DS029026. After installing it, you will be notified if the same drivers are supported by your convertible tablet or else you can easily uninstall them later if it is not supported in your device.