Thread: ASUS G73JW-A1 is freezing when not using

ASUS G73JW-A1 is freezing when not using

Well I am having ASUS G73JW-A1. I am having particular issue on this particular device. The laptop of mine is seems to be freezing when I have left the machine of mine idle. Let me know if you are having any particular solution to fix the matter of mine. any help to fix the matter of mine will be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: ASUS G73JW-A1 is freezing when not using

Looking at the matter of yours I am asking following question which will be helpful to get the root cause of the problem. Which operating system do running? Also tell me whether you have done any changes on the system? Tell if you have installed any security software and also you should see that you have installed the latest version of the drivers on the device of yours.

I recommend that you should simply upgrade the Power4Gear Hybrid software which is provided by the laptop itself. You will be able to get the same from the official website of the laptop manufacturer.
    Second thing which I wanted to tell you over here is that you should simply disable all the option which you have put into the laptop of yours.
    So try the above mentioned solutions and let me know whether it was useful to fix the matter of yours.

In this particular matter I recommend that you should try to boot the computer into Safe mode. To doing the same you should use the following steps.
    1. You should restart the laptop and press F8 from the keyboard.
    2. Now select Safe mode from the Advance Boot Menu by using the arrow key and press enter.

If I am not wrong there could be overheating issue with the laptop of yours. first of all I am suggesting that you should simply run the memory test on the laptop of yours. you should do the memtest while booting the laptop into safe mode. Once you have done the same you should post the results of the test over here. Also you should continuously monitor the temperature of the CPU and see that whether it is overheating or not.

To fix the issue I am suggesting following solution which you can try to fix the matter of yours.
    You should launch the registry editor and look for the following registry.
    Code:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Control \ Power \ PowerSettings \ 54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00 \ 5d76a2ca-e8c0-402f-a133-2158492d58ad
    There will be option available to enable as well as disable the idle processor. You should change the value setting from 1 to 0.
    Now you should go for control panel than go for Power into the setting mode and choose the power management processor.
    You will have the option for the disabling idle processor and issue will get resolved from the laptop of yours.

After going through the issue of yours I recommend that you should install latest version of BIOS as well as Drivers on the laptop of yours. once you have done the same you should reboot the laptop of yours. you can get the same from the official website of the motherboard manufacturer.

I think you will need to reinstall the Windows on the laptop of yours and see whether you are able to solve the issue.

Well I am highly suspecting that there is an issue with the device itself. So you will need to contact the official service center and claim for the service center. Make sure that the device of yours should not have any physical damage otherwise you will not be able to claim for the service warranty.