Thread: Artifacts on ASUS G53SW-XN1 Notebook screen

Artifacts on ASUS G53SW-XN1 Notebook screen

My system is installed with Nvidia beta 285.38 drivers. I havent used the computer for a few days. After a weeek i tried to boot up the ssytem but there was some kind of getting distortion/artifacts on the monitor. At first, i didnt get the issue. So i have rebooted the system assuming that it would fix the problem but it didnt. I can clearly say that the issue is nothing to do with the drivers. it something related to outside. For further check i have re-installed the OS but no use.

Re: Artifacts on ASUS G53SW-XN1 Notebook screen

You have a problem with the graphics card test another connecting the VGA or DVI if possible.

Tests in the BIOS to change the display settings.

Please test the temperature of your graphics card! He is probably too hot! I had the same card, the cooler this was not functioning properly. If a graphics card is hotter than 120 degrees then you're screwed. You can do this with Everest Home. And with Sensors. I had a similar problem years ago. Showed that the card was moved partly by the board. Had happened in a little too enthusiastic replace the VGA cable. Just open up, click back and problem solved.

Must first identify the culprit. Assuming that you did a test with PRAM reset, changing the monitor resolution and the physical change of the monitor ... I would say to try booting from the DVD system to see if the defect occurs later.

I connect my laptop on the screen and there was no trace or bizarre things. I think it comes from the cg but I wanted confirmation because if I buy a new ca and in fact comes from somewhere else. Do you have a LCD (TFT) screen? Then the resolution you set on your computer, exactly equal to the resolution your screen has naturally. Is not that, then interpolating the screen, and that is sometimes wrong. The refresh rate you set on your computer, should correspond to a frequency that your monitor can handle. Also check the connections on both sides of the cable. Furthermore, it is always possible that the graphics card or screen is broken. That you can quite easily check the screen to connect to another computer - a laptop that may be easier to drag.