Thread: How to install secondary hard drive by using connector ribbon on Asus G74?

How to install secondary hard drive by using connector ribbon on Asus G74?

I am looking to install secondary hard drive on the Asus G74 but I am not having any idea how to connector ribbon to motherboard and to secondary so that both of them can connected. So let me know any of the forum users have done the same. let me know if you are having any speculation on this particular matter. thanks a lot in advance.

Re: How to install secondary hard drive by using connector ribbon on Asus G74?

In this particular situation I am suggesting that you should not remove the blue part. You will see tiny latch hold the ribbon cables in place.. it require to be in up position in order to slide it in and after that you should clamped back down. Normally tape over on the latches and it can be removed and after that put back on after the latching ribbon cables to motherboard.
    Still I am not having idea regarding the usage of the ribbon cable which has to do with the hard drive. It will connect to sata receptors however the hard drive is screwed down to own cage. After the insertion of the caged HD in the designated slot the cage will also required to screwed down again.

I wanted to tell you that there is no yellow tape. For this particular laptop the secondary hard drive power and data pins plug into another connector and which is having connector for the wire.

Thanks a lot for the prompt replies of yours. Well I have got the idea of the thing which I am looking for. Now I wanted to know how can I check the transfer speed? The SSD of mine plugged with the hard drive and I am suspecting that there is speed issue. Well let me know if you are aware of any software which will allow me to get the idea of thing which I have asked over here.

Well I recommend that you should get the CrystalDiskMark software. It is a benchmark software. This particular software is useful to measure the sequential reads/writes speed. It is also having Multi-Language support. So you should get the same and let me know whether it was useful to you or not.

The connecter will have lock. You have to pull black plastic lock Upon motherboard and attached the plug which is supposed to goes into hard drive and you have to pull it down away. Once you have plugging into the ribbon cable and you will lock up again. I have played with the same for few minutes and hence the thing is become quite easier for me.