Thread: ASUS Zenbook UX31 Wireless connection not working properly

ASUS Zenbook UX31 Wireless connection not working properly

I had purchased ASUS Zenbook UX31 laptop. It is a new system just bought recently. The system looks to be proper. But I am not able to surf internet. I had connected the device on my wireless router. When I open Internet Explorer all I can see is page not found message. This notebook is not having a lan port. So I cannot connect it directly to the router also. How can I fix the problem. I am not so expert in fixing computers. I hope there will be some simple way of resolving this matter.

re: ASUS Zenbook UX31 Wireless connection not working properly

If you are having the drivers with you then you can try re-installing the wireless adapter. For that you have to first download the drivers and copy them in the notebook. You can find the download on the official site. I am giving you the link below. Download this and copy it in a usb or in the pc. Then right click on My Computer > Manage > Device Manager. Right click on the Lan adapter and uninstall it. Restart your pc. Run the drivers and then check back. This would fix the issue.

ASUS Zenbook UX31 Wireless LAN Drivers

re: ASUS Zenbook UX31 Wireless connection not working properly

Before re-installing the entire hardware just see that your system has got proper ip address and all required details to run the wlan. If you are having Windows 7 then go in Control Panel\ > Network and Internet > Network Connections. See the lan adapter. If it is blue then it is working. Right click on it and disable it. Once again right click on it and enable it back. Now try to reconnect to the router. If the wireless network is detected but the system is not able to access internet then try to add IP address manually in the system.

There is a wifi utility in this kind of system. You have to turn on the wifi first. That can be done by holding FN + F2 key together. This will turn on the wifi. Click on the wifi icon in system tray and see whether the connection is detected or not. If it is then click on it and connect. You have to provide proper security key for the same. You can also try to add IP address manually through right clicking on the network adapter. You have to go in Properties in TCP/IP for that. But it is recommended to leave that on automatic.