Thread: Bios update for Lenovo IdeaPad y530

Bios update for Lenovo IdeaPad y530

I am having the Lenovo IdeaPad y530 and I am very happy with this. I am just posting this over here to know that if there is some BIOS update for this or there is some change of it to be released early in future. Please reply if you have any idea for this.

Re: Bios update for Lenovo IdeaPad y530

I would like to tell you that the BIOS update must be available in future as there is not ETA on it. I hope that this will be available soon.

I was also searching for the same and want to thank you for your confirming post for this. Other than this, I would also want to know that if there is any chance that it will support the custom RAM memory timing settings. This is just thought that comes into my mind and thought to share that with you. So please post your opinion and thoughts about this.

This is really a great idea but I really don't think that Lenovo will provide the consumer a chance for overclocking the laptops. But I have heard somewhere that similar features could be overclocked by changing the BIOS. A BIOS update as of the Lenovo will be excellent for this otherwise extracting the BIOS for changes. I have attempted it afterwards but that was also unsuccessful. The BIOS on the Y530 is a fresh design for which functions are not freely accessible. It is using AMI Aptio EFI BIOS.

You will have the software overclocking as a choice for this but I ,just heard about this and so cannot say this fir sure. We need to do more search on this to get the detail of it. I will do a search for this and will post back here for you. I am also searching for the same.

I think the best source to know the answer for this is to contact t the Lenovo support a nd them about this and they will tell you that when it it is supposed to be released. Please post back their reply over here so that it will be helpful to all the other people who are searching for the same. I am also willing that it will be released soon.