Thread: Suggestion for installing SSD in Lenovo IdeaPad Y560

Suggestion for installing SSD in Lenovo IdeaPad Y560

I am using the Lenovo IdeaPad Y560 which is having Intel i3 and a 320gb hard drive. I am thinking to install the pcie ssd drive. but before doing that, I want to know that if this require to be the intel one so that it can utilize the intel rapid drive? Or if this is possible to make use of any of the other ssd-s as intel for pcie ssd is very difficult to find at the place where I am. Or can I order that from the lenovo services. If I connect the ssd drive to my system then what is the procedure that needs to be taken in order to make that functional. Other than this, also tell me that what is the procedure to encompass the One Key recovery activated because I have deleted all the partition. How can I make partition for one key recovery what should be size of it.

re: Suggestion for installing SSD in Lenovo IdeaPad Y560

I would like to tell you that they are having the rapiddrive software which is there on the software/driver page and made for the y460/y560. You mlight have to install the mini pci-e sdd along with the rapid drive software and that will perform the management of files which are lying on the sdd.

Yes, you can easily do that but the condition is that, it must be compatible with the Lenovo IdeaPad Y560 otherwise it will not work.

I am also having the same system and have installed the RunCore Pro IV 50mm MiniPcie PATA SSD to the panel 5. If you wish to have more information about this then you can take a loot to the manual and you will get that very next to the Wireless card. This is working flawlessly for me within the USB chassis which comes along with this. So you a can also try with the same and see if it does same for you as well. Good Luck!!!

In order to do this, what you can do is just switch the SATA BIOS setting as of the AHCI to IDE and see if this works for you. There are some chances that this will solve the issue for you. I have never tried this but I found this somewhere on web and that worked there so I am posting this over here so that it will help you as well.

I will never recommend you to change the partition by the time you get the Windows 7 (not the recovery CD). After doing this if the laptop does no boot up and you call the lenovo support then they will charge you for that as you void the warranty by doing this. This is just my suggestion to you but decision is on your hand. You can do whatever you like.

Re: Suggestion for installing SSD in Lenovo IdeaPad Y560

There are various guides on internet that have a brief instruction for this. Just search for this and read that. This will be helpful to you to understand this. If you wish to have better understanding of this then see the videos on the youtube for this and you will get better idea that how this can be done.