Thread: Lenovo IdeaPad Y550 wifi not working with 8 GB RAM

Lenovo IdeaPad Y550 wifi not working with 8 GB RAM

I was having 4 GB RAM into my system and yesterday, I installed additional 4 Gb of RAM to it making it 8 GB. My computer is showing me complete 8 GB of RAM and there is no problem with this but the problem is with the WiFi. I don't know why but from when I have installed 8 GB of RAM 'to the system then WiFi is not working. This sounds weird but its the fact and I am not able to get out of this in any way. I am done with with all the attempts to solve this from my side but none of them worked for me and so I a m posting this over here with the hope that I will get some solution from you people. Please help me and provide me any possible solution or reason for this.

Re: Lenovo IdeaPad Y550 wifi not working with 8 GB RAM

Do you have the intel pm45 chipset or gm45 chipset in your computer. I am thinking that the chipset might not supporting the 8 gb ram and because of this, you are facing problems like this.

After reading your post, the first thing that comes into my mind is that, if there is some addressing conflict which is related to the any of two memory addresses. This is one of the possible reasons for this issue and you must check for this possibility. Other than this, you can also try by changing the RAM slot with other and see if this can help you. I hope this problem will beresolved soon.

Sorry for starting new question in this already running thread but I thought that this will be best place to start this as people will get attention to my question. I am thinking to buy Lenovo IdeaPad Y550 but before doing that, I need to know that what are the key features of this and if this worth for its price or not. I I will get quick replies on this and again sorry for hijacking this thread.

The Lenovo IdeaPad Y550 is a 16-inch notebook that you can find on the shelves in various configurations. The most expensive model includes an Intel Core i7 and NVIDIA GT 240M graphics card, while the more affordable configuration features a Core 2 Duo processor and integrated graphics. The Lenovo IdeaPad Y550 has a cool design. The finish is glossy and the colors play with each other in a remarkable contrast. Black and orange are the dominant colors that you can see of doing trivial research on the Internet.

I am using this and found that the build quality is good. As I am using this, so w ant to give you people some advice with this. To open the screen is advisable to use two hands. Both hinges are stiff. If I were to give a score from 0 to 10 the solidity then I would give a 7 or maybe 7 and a half. The trampoline effect is enhanced and plastic flex slightly under the weight of the elbows. The only area that seems to give a little bit is just above the optical drive. But it is also true that this sector has invested rarely and is usually the skinny little finger to squeeze a few buttons. The screen holds up well. If you try to stick a finger on the display, you will notice that the panel flexes but the images do not suffer from distortion.

This is the one of the best one that you an find in the market. My brother recently bought this and he is very happy with it. So you can go for this without any doubt in your mind.

The Lenovo IdeaPad Y550 comes with a 16-inch monitor with a resolution of 1366x768. It is not the greatest, but it's a good resolution. The colors are vibrant and alive enough. The contrast is good. Saturation more than enough. The black levels are good when the screen brightness is low or medium. If set to 100% instead tend to fade a little. The light is pleasant and setting it to 60-70% usage, the notebook can work even in very enlightened (I mean more room for offices and indoor). As for horizontal viewing angles of my impressions were good. The colors begin to suffer only by overcoming distortions of the angle of 75 degree but the vertical angles that offer overlapping or faded colors from 10 degrees.

The best part that I liked about this is the speakers . he speakers are built into Lenovo IdeaPad Y550 definitely above average. It also present in the lower part of the notebook, a sub-woofer. Listen to music or watching movies is a pleasant experience. The average full-bodied and have least feel the bass.

The Lenovo IdeaPad Y550 offers good performance for all possible activities of daily living. Watching high-definition video (720p and 1080p) is not a problem. The processor can decode just fine and the HDMI port allows the digitization of the signal on an LCD television. The trouble starts when you want to use it to play. The integrated graphics, unfortunately will not support your needs and the games will be very fluid. Unless you use titles and old claims poor graphics. Otherwise, I recommend a configuration with more powerful Intel Core i7 and NVIDIA GT 240M.

Below is the specification that I got with it and I am totally satisfied.
    • Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo T6400 2.0GHz (2MB Cache, 800MHz FSB)
    • Graphics Card: Intel X4500MHD
    • RAM: 4GB DDR3 SDRAM (1066MHz)
    • Hard Drive: 320GB 5400 rpm SATA
    • Display: 15.6-inch LED-backlit WXGA display (glossy, 1366x768)
    • Optical Drive: Multi DVD
    • Wireless: Intel 5100AGN
    • Battery: 11.1V 56Wh 6-cell battery
    • Dimensions: 15.2 "x 10.0" x 1.02 "or 1.5
    • Weight: 2.33 KG
    • OS: Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 (or Windows 7 64-bit)

Make sure that the RAM which you are using is exactly identical in all the aspects. If that is different from any manner then you might get he problem like this. So this is the first thing that you need to check about this. Good Luck!!!