Thread: New BIOS update to fix GSOD in Asus Notebook

New BIOS update to fix GSOD in Asus Notebook

The Asus have officially released a solution or fix for GSOD problem which has been reported in its most of the systems. You can get the fix from the support site. You just need to download the file and flash the VBIOS. if you are not comfortable with flashing the BIOS then you need to go for RMA.

Re: New BIOS update to fix GSOD in Asus Notebook

I have heard that If you keep the original drivers of the graphics card you will have no problems, GSOD appear when you update the drivers. But some newer games need to function properly the last drivers, in this case "yes" you will have to spend.

you need the BIOS (version 211). For the version of your bios, tap the "F2" key to start your computer to enter the BIOS.
    Via Windows: download it from Asus BIOS and the BIOS (WinFlash) . Use the latest version of Winflash (the one downloaded from the Asus site, not the CD / DVD that came with the computer) for it is the old version of WinFlash which had lost the backlight. It is still advisable to switch off the backlight (keyboard, neon blue buttons above the keyboard) via the button at the top left before flash BIOS.
    Unzip the file containing the BIOS.
    Install and run ... Winflash

I found 2 solutions to the problem: I flashed a bios made by me, overclocking all operating conditions over the volts and slightly increasing the frequency of idle based on some suggestions found on the forums. Or have Flash installed by the manufacturer have given me and I installed the video driver raw without the CCC. I can say that in both cases the problem has not been fully resolved. At the launch of the operating system, in fact, after the opening screen of Windows often a BSOD occurs, or if the windows at times there is' a BSOD with the launch of video games. usually after 2 or 3 reboots the computer is perfectly stable and capable of running hours without a hitch. And 'the best that I could get.

My personal opinion is that the problem is generally associated with the passage of the card between the various operating conditions. Fluctuations in voltage may cause instability of the board, in my opinion and this may have something to do with poor quality or a bad installation of capacitors on the board. Not having a thorough knowledge of electronics, and unable to remove the card (voiding the warranty of a product not of my own) I can not even determine at least what I say.

Currently the problem does not seem to be caused by a particular hardware configuration, and many of these cards are sent to RMA by the owners. AMD has not officially acknowledged the problem, although from discussions with some private owners requested the assistance said they were aware of the problem and working on the resolution. While the problem seems to be more or less common to all users, the solution is not. Two cards of the same model and manufacturer often fail to solve the problem the same way, or fail to solve it after the fact.