Thread: Lenovo Ideapad Y570 intel turbo boost not working

Lenovo Ideapad Y570 intel turbo boost not working

I bought the lenovo IdeaPad Y570 and that is having i7-2630Q. When I saw the description of that then I found that it was mentioned that it is having the Turbo Boost from 2GHz w/o to 2.9GHz. But in my case the turbo boost is not working anymore. Can somebody tell me that what should I do to make that work. I am not getting anyway to make that functional. I will be really glad to have reply from you people for this issue. Please reply as soon as possible.

Re: Lenovo Ideapad Y570 intel turbo boost not working

If you want then you can try to download the Intel Turbo Boost Technology monitor 2.0 and see if that helps you or not. I found this on some other site where it works so I am posting the same over here so that it will be helpful for you.

I would like to tell you that the Turbo Boost works in a slightly different way. When one or more cores not in use then it overclocked the ones who do use it. In 1156 i7 system, that works better as the i7 9xx series. You will be able to change your processor or faster running through it to overclock. But if you are having the locked CPU then the memory will also go along.

There are a few people who knows that the Turbo Boost switch always has little use because the extra power that not be used get saved by the Turbo Boost. The Turbo Boost depends on the temperature (clearance towards max) and the power demands of the CPU. This controls the creature itself really well. If you can keep it on as many GHz that you wish to run then you really can do it manually in the BIOS to go to work. Even after that overclocking Turbo Boost can simply leave you to an extra boost when required.

If you want then you can also try to get into the bios and see how the turbo boost is set. Other than this also, try to do some stress-cpu and see if the frequency increases. As intel burn test programs I suggest you put 15 rounds and see how often is it for the CPUZ.

As you have bought this new and if you are facinga ny problem like this then you should contact to the dealer from where you bought this and ask them the same thing. They will tell you that what is the exact problem with this and how it can be done. If you try something from your side and you did something wrong then it might create a big problem for you. So in short, why don't you make use of the warranty.

There might be some problem with the existing BIOS version that you are using and for that you can do the update of the BIOS. If this helps you to solve the problem then its fine and if you are having the same problem again then you might have to wait for the newer bios version to be available. If you wish to have the best answer for this then you must contact to the lenovo support and they will tell you that what can be the best solution for this problem.

I hope that your issue will be resolved with one of the above posted solution but if that fails to work for you then you can also try to update the Intel iGPU. I am saying you this because it is must be having the Turbo Boost driver and so it can help you. Apart from this, it is also worth to try by updating the Chipset drivers. See if any of the two given solutions helps you to get the issue resolved or not. I hope that you will be out of this issue as early as possible. Please reply back if you found any difficulty in doing any of the mentioned things.

I think that the difficulty could be with the laptop's cooling design otherwise the lack of cooling system. While playing the games the heat generated through the CPU/GPU is very high for the internal cooling system to process and this is the reason that there is no method that the CPU can run at quicker speeds in the case that something is downclocked. You you must look at the temperature of the system while playing the games. There is a big flaw in the design of the system that CPU/GPU are sharing the similar fan.

Update all the driver in the laptop as this could be because of the outdated or corrupted driver. I hope that updating the driver will solve the problem for you.