Thread: Getting '80% available(plugged in,not charging)' message while charging Lenovo Ideapad Z560.

Getting '80% available(plugged in,not charging)' message while charging Lenovo Ideapad Z560.

I have Lenovo Ideapad Z560 Laptop.it charges up to 80% at the time of charging battery of my laptop, the icons below indicate "80% available(plugged in,not charging)". after keeping all the time or 99% of the time i make use of my laptop with the plugging in the power adapter. as i am keeping the whole time of laptop on charging it is not appearing for me to be whole 100% to be full. i don't have a complete charge of my laptop.

re: Getting '80% available(plugged in,not charging)' message while charging Lenovo Ideapad Z560.

this all occurs due to the battery issues. if you call your lenovo for support they will assist you in having a new battery, the condition remains that your product should be under warranty.

Re: Getting '80% available(plugged in,not charging)' message while charging Lenovo Ideapad Z560.

it usually have the battery issues occurring with it. if you are keeping whole time for charging, it should by the way seem to be fully charged. i think it must be charging in the real sense. but denoting that it is 80% charged. you didn't mentioned that making sore use of laptop does decrease your power options. if the power option does not decrease, there is no issue.

Re: Getting '80% available(plugged in,not charging)' message while charging Lenovo Ideapad Z560.

oh! you are referring with the lenovo series of laptop. i want to say that the lenovo series is providing a special feature for the lifetime of the battery which saves the battery power as you mention in the Energy Management program if you occur with the battery problem,check this.

i also have Z560 laptop and i got with the proper solution to it. if you have choose the option of charge to 100% to maximize RUN TIME under the Energy Management program, it will enable you to charge till your mentioned percentage of charge. if you disable this you will come under the charging option of 100%. this process enables to maximize the LIFETIME of the battery. if you set it as 80%, it will always show "80% available(plugged in,not charging)" message. if you are not comfortable with it you can opt for choosing the default one.

selecting LONGER LIFESPAN BATTERY OPTION will enable to save the battery power. so it recharges battery to 80%so that the battery lifespan is increased. simply have a change in the setting of the Energy Management. and so you don't have a battery disorder and no need for a new one.