Thread: Letters and space skips while typing with HP dm4-2070us notebook keyboard

Letters and space skips while typing with HP dm4-2070us notebook keyboard

In my HP Pavilion dm4-2070us laptop I have windows 7 operating system. Now in my laptop I am experiencing some problem while typing. Now whenever I type anything at that time some letter does not appear after pressing key. When I give space at that time also it does not do anything. Now please tell me what should I so to solve this issue?

Re: Letters and space skips while typing with HP dm4-2070us notebook keyboard

Well first thing I will suggest you to check whether you are facing this problem while typing from any particular software or you are facing this problem with any software? If you are facing this problem while typing on any particular software then it might be problem with that software and if you are facing the problem with other all the software then there might be something wrong with your HP dm4-2070us notebook keyboard.

I totally agree with the above post. I have searched on the internet about this and I have noticed that many users face this type of problem with Microsoft office and that is why I would like to tell is the problem which you have suggested is occurring with the Microsoft office only then I think you should first try to solve this problem by repairing the Microsoft office and I think after repairing the repairing the Microsoft office you will be able to solve this type of issue.

If after trying that also if you are getting the same problem then you should uninstall the MS office from your laptop and after uninstalling the MS office from your laptop you have to install the MS office again in your laptop and I think after that you will not face the same problem with your HP dm4-2070us notebook keyboard.

Try the above given solution and after that let me know what the result is.

Have you tried to solve this problem by doing the system restore in your laptop? If you have not tried to solve this problem by doping the system restore then I will suggest you to first perform the system restore in your HP dm4-2070us notebook and after doing the system restore you have to check whether it makes any difference or not.

Many times by doing the system restore also this type of the problem can get solved.

Have you tried to solve this problem by uninstalling the Keyboard drivers from your HP dm4-2070us notebook and after uninstalling the drivers you have to install the keyboard drivers again and after installing the HP dm4-2070us notebook driver in your laptop you have to check whether your problem get solved or not. I hope after reinstalling the keyboard drivers in your HP dm4-2070us notebook your problem will get solved.

I think you should try this steps to solve this issue and after trying this steps your problem might get solved.
    • First you have to open the device manger.
    • After that you have to select the keyboard from there.
    • After selecting the keyboard from there you have to expand that.
    • Now you have to right click on the Standard PS/2 Keyboard.
    • After that you have to uninstall it.
    • Now you have to restart the laptop.
    • After that when laptop restarts at that time system will ask for install the drivers again and then install the drivers again.
    • After that restart the laptop and then your problem will get solved.

I have come to know that this problem occurs because of the HP Product Assistant. In youth laptop if you have installed HP Product Assistant then I think it has updated the BIOS in your laptop and if you want to solve this problem then you have to rollback the BIOS and after that your problem will get solved.

Well doing the system restore in my HP dm4-2070us notebook doesn’t helped me to solve this issue and after that I have also tried to solve thesis problem by reinstalling the keyboard drivers in my laptop and after reinstalling the keyboard drivers also same problem occurred in my laptop. Now after that I have also tried to solve this problem by trying the latest drivers from HP site with no luck.

I have installed HP product assistant but I don’t know about how to rollback the BIOS. Please help me with this.

I was also facing the same problem with the keyboard and after that I searched the solution on the internet and after that I have find that by doing BIOS rollback problem can get solved and then I have rollback the BIOS by using the using the HP UEFI and after that my problem get solved.

You should also try this solution.

If you want to rollback the BIOS in your HP dm4-2070us notebook then you have to follow this steps.

First you have to restart the HP dm4-2070us notebook and after restarting the HP dm4-2070us notebook you have to press F2 continuously and then you have load the HP Advanced System Diagnostics. After that you have to select the BIOS Management and after selecting the BIOS Management option you have to select the option for BIOS Rollback. Now after that when laptop starts again at that time you have to check whether your problem get solved or not.

If you are not able to roil back the BIOS by trying the above steps then you should try this solution. You have to download the sp53126.exefile from the official site of the HP and then you have to run it in your laptop and after running that in your laptop your problem might get solved. I hope after trying this solution your problem will get solved.

If you want to download the sp53126.exe file for your laptop then you can download it by clicking here. You have to click on the DOWNLOAD and then run it and then check after trying this your laptop keyboard start working normally or not.