Thread: Dell Studio 1569 laptop overheating due to fan not working

Dell Studio 1569 laptop overheating due to fan not working

I’m having the dell studio 1569 laptop which I bought it recently, the fan was working fine when I bought the laptop but suddenly after few days my side fan is not working properly and due to this the laptop starts to overheat after sometime of working on it. so what could be the problem in the laptop as the fan stopped working and due to this laptop overheats.

Re: Dell Studio 1569 laptop overheating due to fan not working

There could be many of the reasons for the fan not working, so it will be hard to tell you that from which problem is stopped working, but whatever may be the reason the thing is that you have to get replaced the old fan with the new one.

If your laptop fan have stopped working then there might due to you power fluctuation in your device, because sometime what happens is that when your laptop is on the AC mode, which means that when the laptop is connected with the adapter what happens is that sometimes power fluctuates and due to this there are chances that you fan might get damaged and stops working, which I think has happened same with you

Even I’m facing the same problem in my laptop. My fan has stopped working and due to this whenever I try to work for more hour then the laptop overheats and due to this I have shut down the system for some time and again have to start the laptop . so doing this has become tedious job for me and due to this I’m not able to do work continuously. So any suggestions what can I do to get my fan working again???

Actually I had the same problem with the dell vostro laptop, my dell fan stopped working and never knew about this. So once while working on laptop I saw that the laptop was overheating and when checked out the reason for this I found out that my secondary fan had stopped working, so when asked with one of the friend who does the work of the hardware repairing in one of the service centre , he said me that the more problem could be many such as more dust collected in the fan , power fluctuation etc..

So for this he just told me to change the fan because you cant do nothing in this issue except fixing with new fan. So my advice to you is fix the new fan in your laptop.

If you are working the laptop in the low power battery then there are chances that it would damage your fan and stops working of it. so I hope it has happened same with you, you might have worked on the laptop which already had drained out the battery and due to this it was not able to get the proper power supply to fan due to which it got damaged and stopped working.

According to me If your laptop fan is not working then for this you need to install the new fan and for this you have to open the laptop and remove the fan and buy the same fan from the market and fix it. and now see starting the laptop whether the fan is working or not.

But before removing the fan from the laptop one thing you have to remember is that if you try to open the laptop and remove fan then there might be chances that you would void your warranty if your laptop comes under warranty.

Whatever it happens you must never try to open the laptop yourself unless and until you know about it. and if your laptop comes under warranty then you should never try doing it yourself as doing this will void your warranty. You should try always contacting the dell support care for better support