Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 25-11-2011
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 128
- How to disable usb power during standby / sleep mode in Lenovo Ideapad Z570

Can anyone tell me ?How to disable usb power during standby / sleep mode in Lenovo Ideapad Z570?? because by now I have tried to disable and enable the usb selective suspend and enable and disable the setting in device manager by selecting the "allow computer to turn off this device to save power" but then none of them worked. I have found that whenever my laptop goes in to the standby mode then my chill pad stays on. I have to plug / unplug it and unplug it every time to get it work properly which is really inconvenient .Any help regarding this will be highly appreciated.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 25-11-2011
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 29
Re: - How to disable usb power during standby / sleep mode in Lenovo Ideapad Z570

Quote:
Can anyone tell me ?How to disable usb power during standby / sleep mode in Lenovo Ideapad Z570?? because by now I have tried to disable and enable the usb selective suspend and enable and disable the setting in device manager by selecting the "allow computer to turn off this device to save power" but then none of them worked. I have found that whenever my laptop goes in to the standby mode then my chill pad stays on. I have to plug / unplug it and unplug it every time to get it work properly which is really inconvenient .Any help regarding this will be highly appreciated.
I think that the problem here might be that the chill pad is not able to register as USB-Device and even though it is not getting registered it is using it some power from USB port so I think that you can try to add an On/Off switch to the chill pad in order to avoid this solution. If you want you can try it out because it seems to be the only solution I guess.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 25-11-2011
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,927
Re: - How to disable usb power during standby / sleep mode in Lenovo Ideapad Z570

You can try to change the advanced power settings, just perform the below steps and see if it making any difference:
  • Go to start and then type power setting ion the search and then you will be navigated to the power option of your laptop.
  • Now select high performance and then change the dim the display and turn off the display time as you want and then chose never for the put the computer to sleep.
  • After that on the same window go in to the advanced power setting and then select usb selective suspend setting and then make it on battery=enabled and then plugged in=disabled and after that apply it and then save and exit.
Just try to do this and see if it is helping you out or not.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 25-11-2011
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 128
Re: - How to disable usb power during standby / sleep mode in Lenovo Ideapad Z570

I have tried that setting but then it did not worked out for me, is there any setting in the bios that can help me out with this issue. Is there anyone who is aware of some other solution or is aware of any such bios setting? Any further help will be appreciated.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 25-11-2011
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,999
Re: - How to disable usb power during standby / sleep mode in Lenovo Ideapad Z570

I think that you should try out plugging it in to a different port and see if it is making any difference because as far as I know there is only one port having power to and the others don?t have.
2-x60ts Windows 7 Pro, u160, 2-x32s, 3-x41 tablets,
2-x41 non-tablets, 2-x40s
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 25-11-2011
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 142
Re: - How to disable usb power during standby / sleep mode in Lenovo Ideapad Z570

Even I am having the same problem with my LENOVO Y560P just take a look at is specifications:
  • Win7-64bit
  • i7-2630QM
  • AMD HD 6570M
  • RAM 8GB
  • Mother board: KL3F MB CAP/1G WO/3G 31KL3MB00Q/R0
  • BIOS: 3FCN17WW
Where should I check USB-device setting in the bios? Because it does not appear in the USB-device list in my case.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 25-11-2011
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,999
Re: - How to disable usb power during standby / sleep mode in Lenovo Ideapad Z570

Quote:
Even I am having the same problem with my LENOVO Y560P just take a look at is specifications:

* Win7-64bit
* i7-2630QM
* AMD HD 6570M
* RAM 8GB
* Mother board: KL3F MB CAP/1G WO/3G 31KL3MB00Q/R0
* BIOS: 3FCN17WW
Where should I check USB-device setting in the bios? Because it does not appear in the USB-device list in my case.

I will like to inform you that it won?t appear in the usb drive list because the cooling pad do not install any drivers on the laptop instead it only uses some power to run the fan and cool the laptop. I will try to get a solution for this by contacting the motherboard manufacturer and a find out if they have any idea about the same and will let you know the same.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 26-11-2011
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 659
Re: - How to disable usb power during standby / sleep mode in Lenovo Ideapad Z570

Quote:
You can try to change the advanced power settings, just perform the below steps and see if it making any difference:

* Go to start and then type power setting ion the search and then you will be navigated to the power option of your laptop.
* Now select high performance and then change the dim the display and turn off the display time as you want and then chose never for the put the computer to sleep.
* After that on the same window go in to the advanced power setting and then select usb selective suspend setting and then make it on battery=enabled and then plugged in=disabled and after that apply it and then save and exit.

Just try to do this and see if it is helping you out or not.
Hey I am having the same problem and when I am going in to the devices and printers area and then when I am right clicking on the unifying receiver and select the properties and when I then go to hardware tab> properties> setting and then when I go to the power management tab then the option that you have specified "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" is grayed out in my case so I am not able to so the same. Do you have an idea about this?
Reply With Quote
Reply

  TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , , , ,



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads for: "- How to disable usb power during standby / sleep mode in Lenovo Ideapad Z570"
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lenovo Ideapad Z570 and Lenovo IdeaPad V570 wifi is not working dhanush123 Portable Devices 3 28-02-2012 11:59 PM
Lenovo IdeaPad Z570 VS Lenovo IdeaPad Y570 VS Acer Aspire TimelineX 5830TG VS Sager NP5160 Nabhan Portable Devices 10 02-09-2011 10:26 PM
How can I disable standby or sleep mode for my EEE PC 70x? Yudhaajit Portable Devices 4 09-08-2011 11:41 PM
How to disable standby or sleep mode on Asus laptop Faizah Portable Devices 3 26-07-2011 09:31 AM


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:37 PM.