Thread: Lenovo - IdeaPad Z560 Fan is making loud noise

Lenovo - IdeaPad Z560 Fan is making loud noise

I have recently bought a Lenovo idealpad Z560 and it was working well by now but then now I have found that the fan has started making noise and you can say that it is loud. I thought that it might be temporary and will go away but then it has been a week and I am still having the same and now I really want to get rid of this somehow but then I don’t know what exactly is causing this. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about the same and can help me out as well? Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

re: Lenovo - IdeaPad Z560 Fan is making loud noise

Hey even I am facing the same from some fays but then it has been 3 months since I had bought the laptop, the problem in my case is I have noticed that the cpu temp increases quite fast I mean that I had noticed that to reach to 55 Celsius from 35 it takes just 4 to 5 minutes and because of which the fan mostly keeps running and it has started making noise from some days and to me it is not bearable and even I want to get rid of this soon. The other thing I have found is that the fan does not turn off even if the cpu temp is bellow 30 Celsius and to avoid this and to make the fan work normally I have to keep rebooting it after using my laptop for one hours and so. So if anyone is having a solution to control the noise and avoid such problems then please share it with us and it will be highly appreciated as well.

I have recently bought a Lenovo idealpad Z560 and it was working well by now but then now I have found that the fan has started making noise and you can say that it is loud. I thought that it might be temporary and will go away but then it has been a week and I am still having the same and now I really want to get rid of this somehow but then I don’t know what exactly is causing this. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about the same and can help me out as well? Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

I will like to inform you that this is not some kind of problem and it is a normal case because the fan just not works for the cpu and it works for gpu as well. I have also found that the Z560 models are having nvidia 310m gpu and that too without intel HD. If you still want to avoid it then I think that you can use a cooling pad and it is cheap as well I am using the same for laptop. If you want then you can get a Belkin CoolSpot Laptop Cooling Pad from amazon it will cost you around $23 approximately, just check it out.

I am having the same problem with my Lenovo IdeaPad Z560 and I will say that it is some kind of problem because I was using Windows 7 as my operating system and I was not having any such problem and the problem has just started after I have switched to Ubuntu. I have tried looking for a solution but then I have not come across any. I have also found some people saying to set the "trip_points" and change the start/stop the fan by going in to the "fan" directory but then in my case I am not able to set the trip_points where as the fan directory is concerned it is empty in my case. So is there any other thing that I can try out??

I am having the same problem and I have noticed that I am not getting these problems while rebooting or hibernate but then it happens when I close the lid. I mean that I have noticed that the while the fan is running at the full speed and if I close the lid of my laptop at that time then the fan stops as the fan enter suspend state but then when I open the lid again then

Even I was having the same problem but then I was able to solve it by doing the following:
    • First update the bios to its latest version.
    • After that I followed the cleaning fan procedure by pressing the fan button and after that the problem was solved.

Just check it out and then let me know if it works for you as well.

Hey guys thanks for your help so far but then unfortunately none of them helped even though I have got the latest version of the bios it is not helping me out and now I think that I will have to keep ignoring the noise till I find a solution for it.