Thread: Screen goes unresponsive when making/receiving a call in Nokia Lumia 800

Screen goes unresponsive when making/receiving a call in Nokia Lumia 800

HI, I got the phone yesterday itself and marveling if any person is having a trouble while making and receiving phone calls. Basically, I can ring someone but then display goes black. The phone call is still going through as I can hear it connecting to voicemail etc. after that the solitary technique I can dig up over here anything out of the phone is to hold in the power button and reboot the phone. The similar thing happens while I make a call.

Is there anybody over here having same problem with the phone or I am the only victim of the same? Apart from this is there anybody here find Zune player a bit annoying for videos in the fact that if you have a lot of video files its a nightmare as we can’t get them sorted by means of folders. Anyways any suggestion is expected.

re: Screen goes unresponsive when making/receiving a call in Nokia Lumia 800

see there could be so many problems associated with such problems thus it would be better if you specify the whole thins precisely. As you have mentioned like whenever you make and receive calls you can’t do anything but what after that? Does the screen remains black as you have mentioned or comes in the regular mode? Because see according the symptoms only I can recommend you better solutions for the same. See there could be so many reasons associated with such problems you have mentioned like the proximity sensor in the phone must have gone bad or simply not working the way it is expected to work.

Actually the thing is like the screen should go black and touch should deactivated whilst you carry the phone neat to your head but it is expected to reactivate while you carry the phone back down again.

I was also having the same problem once with the phone and when I came to the service center so from there I came to know that there were some problem with the proximity sensor which exactly same mentioned by the above user. Thus according to me you should try to get the phone tested form one of the good technician and see what they are saying about the same. But I am quite sure about the thing you have mentioned.

see it might be possible as there could be some problem with the phone’s hardware but apart from that there could be some problem with the phones firmware as well, let me aware you if you aren’t. thus according to me before testing the hardware of the phone I would like to recommend you that you should try to test the firmware of the phone. Anyways have you ever reset the firmware of the phone after getting this problem with t he phone? If not then I would like to recommend you that you should try to reset the firmware once in the phone and see whether you are getting the same problem or not, because after doing that all the incorrect cache will be deleted from the phone and you’ll get all the factory data once again. While doing this you should make sure as you have taken back up of important data from the phone s they will be wiped out after making hard resetting to the phone. But if suppose you are not getting any variation that simply means there could be some problem with the hardware and you must have to get it replaced.

I don’t know what could be the problem with mobile but still as far as player is concerned, I would say you should try to clear all the cache from the phone and see whether you are getting same result with the default player or what.

I am partially agree with the above user because I am also having problem with the player you have mentioned but still I would say it would be better to make use of another player rather t5han the one you have mentioned. I haven’t searched about the same, but still I am sure as there will be so many for the phone. You can get it from the market place for free.

Though I am agree with the above user but you can have another option as well like if firmware resetting couldn’t help you any way then you can reinstall the whole firmware once again in the phone.

But still according to me far much better way would be to visit the service center and see what they are saying about the same, because see there are so many advantages of the same. You’ll get all the service for free if the device is in the warranty period as it seems it should be, in case of replacement as well.

I was also having the same problem once with the phone and when I came to the service center so from there I came to know that there were some problem with the proximity sensor which exactly same mentioned by the above user. Thus according to me you should try to get the phone tested form one of the good technician and see what they are saying about the same. But I am quite sure about the thing you have mentioned.
    As you have mentioned like I should test the mobile from good technician but I have heard that opening a mobile can void the warranty of the phone, isn’t it? And if so then I don’t think it would be better option instead it would far much better to visit the service center as described. But still can you please tell me what about the charges I have to pay for the same?

Yeah exacyly you are right as it would be better if you visit the service center for the same and see what they are saying, in fact it the phone will be in the warranty period then you’ll be benefitted in case of hardware replacement as well in the phone and that’s also without paying any cost.

And that’s what the warranty supposed to be stand for. but you should neither get the phone open from outside nor by yourself as this will simply consider as the cell without warranty.

I had the same problem, but managed to solve it easily.
    Key question: did you put a protective foil on top of the display?
    I did, and that was the cause of the problem.
    The foil blocks the proximity sensor (in the top right corner of the display), fooling it to believe the phone is near your ear, and blacks out the display.

What I did is I cut out the top right corner of the protective foil, thus uncovering the prox.sensor, and everything works fine again.

Re: Screen goes unresponsive when making/receiving a call in Nokia Lumia 800

Hi same problem and fix as "kekkone" The proximety sensor is inthe top R/H corner of the screen.I fitted a screen protector. The screen protector had a cut out for the proximety sensor, unfortunately i had no idea what it was. I installed the screen protector op side down and had black screen issues when making or recieving a call. I was going to cut the top of the protector off, however i noticed a cut out at the bottom of the protector and simply tirn it around. FIXED