Thread: compass not working in Nokia Lumina 800

compass not working in Nokia Lumina 800

is there anybody having Nokia Lumina 800 please let me know what could be the problem with mine as whenever I open the maps in the mobile, I am not able to make use of compass through the phone. I have tried all the best possible search for the same but couldn’t find any solutions for the same and hoping that I will get some sort of solution from here for sure. Thanks in advanced.

Re: compass not working in Nokia Lumina 800

well, it seems like there could be a number of problem with the application you are using in your phone for accessing the maps, nokia maps are the huge glitches with respect to compass. I would like to recommend you that you should try to clear all the cache from the mobile regarding that application and see the variation. It will be resolved if the problem was because of the cache only.

For that you need to go to settings >> applications >> manage applications >> and then select the application that’s your map and then select the “clear cache” button.

As you complete with the following you’ll be able to run all the things perfectly but still before that it would be better if you reboot the phone once.

have you tried using the compass with some another application?

Because once I was having same problem with the phone as it was not working with the MAPs comes along with the mobile and with each other application it was working perfectly. Thus see if you are having problem with any particular application only that means the problem is with the application itself and nothing with the mobiles firmware.

I would like to recommend you that you should try to uninstall the application and then try reinstalling that and see whether you are getting same problem or what.

I think there could be some problem with the firmware you have installed in your mobile thus I would like to recommend you that you should try to reset the firmware once in the mobile and see whether you are getting the same problem or what. Because once I was also getting the same problem but after resetting the problem everything were working perfectly.

I hope you must be aware about the same as there are two ways of the doing the same thing but you should make sure as you have backup each and everything you have stored in phone memory because the thing is like whenever you try hard resetting the device, not only the settings but all the data will be wiped out from the device and with no other option you have to work with the factory reset data. And also be aware as those wiped data must not be recoverable.

I was also having same problem with the default maps in the nokia mobile but couldn’t found any solution for the same but after using the Google maps in the mobile everything works fine. And I personally believes as it is not always necessary to have solution for each problem rather we can have too many alternatives for the same.

Have you calibrated it by waving in a shape of 8 as instructed yet? And make sure You're not in the Large Hadron Collider are you? Off course along with this let me aware you as magnetic Fields probably aren't good for it, thus It would be better if you get away from it.

when I seen the problem you have mentioned, I was quite amazed about the same as I am not the only victim having same glitch with the phone but still I got the solution for the same somehow.

As the above user have already mentioned like you should try to reset the firmware of the phone, so I am also having somewhat same recommendation as in my case it was working after resetting the firmware. But if suppose you are not getting any variation in the performance then you should try to reinstall the firmware in the mobile and see what happens, because this is the last solution with respect to the software glitches.