Thread: Unable to use HDMI cable to connect Dell XPS 15 L501X and external display

Unable to use HDMI cable to connect Dell XPS 15 L501X and external display

well i am having Dell XPS 15 L501X laptop on which I have installed NVidia GT 435M. whenever I am trying to plug in with the HDMI cable which is supposed to connect to the Samsung display. It allows to extend the display of mine but there is nothing appearing on the display. Let me know if you are having any speculation on this particular matter. I am waiting for the prompt replies of yours.

Re: Unable to use HDMI cable to connect Dell XPS 15 L501X and external display

Looking at the issue of yours I wanted to know whether the HDMI output is running through the integrated display card or it is going to GeForce GT420? Also you should see that you have connected the device tightly because the above mentioned issue might be happening because of the loose connection.

I have done lots of research work on this particular matter and I have come to know following thing which you can try to fix the matter of yours.
    • You should simply change the settings to Extend the desktop rather than that of the Duplicate the desktop.
    • You should simply press and hold the Windows key and P from the keyboard so that the option can appear on the screen.

After referring the issue I think there could be an issue with the HDMI cable or TV or both of them can have an issue. Now what to do? well I recommend that you should verify the HDMI cables and TV working with the other company. Also you should see that the issue is being happening because of the notebook, cables or TV itself. Once you have found the root cause of the problem you will be able to find out the exact solution to solve the matter of yours.

Well I am highly suspecting that there is driver issue associated with the problem which you have stated over here. What I recommend that you should visit the official site and download as well as install the latest version of the drivers on the computer of yours. once you have done you should reboot the system.

I recommend that you should contact the technical support team on this particular matter and get the further assistance on the same.