Thread: want router to connect Desktop pc and Tablet

want router to connect Desktop pc and Tablet

hi guys

I have just bought a tablet which I would require to connnect to internet by the mean of using the WI-FI. at present whit the help of my friend wireless router Belkin G router connect both desktop and tablet however I required to purchase one for me. So is there anyone who can help me on this problem some suggestions perhaps I have ADSL routers which i got from BSNL and airtel although as I have Beam Cable at the present which is fiber connection I don' believe I can connect by the mean these existing routers.

Will be mostly using for the connect desktop as well as tablet only in the sill room or at the most similar floor. i have seen on somewhere that G Routers are bit outdated. I wouldn't like to shell out more money.

So what are my options?

Re: want router to connect Desktop pc and Tablet

the only thing that would be suit to you would be the D-link 2750 Adsl router. it will be come aroud 2k and will peferctly do what you are intende to do hope that will be it

for you i have two option that will suit to you it would be Belkin Basic Router (N150): Router and Asus RT-N10: Router anyone one of them will serve your purpose and many more stuff also so i suggest you should go any on eof the above mention wireless router

thanks for the replay guys I might required the router mainly to connect to my tablet or my mobile phone majorly on the similar room or max to max on the similar floor. actully would require anything which doesn't cost more . I have one that I'm using at the present Belkin G Wireless router belongs to my friend which is think is about around 1.1k. Is it good enought of me ?

yeah G router is much better for your requires . select from Linksys, Netgear or Belkin . as I have worked for linksys in the past, may be perhapse i am biased.

sometime ago , I purchased a Linksys WRT120N on ebay for 1.7k including which the shipping. extremly happy with thet router that i have bought . I make use of it to access internet on my macbook , a windows pc and a Nokia E63 and a galaxy fit The wireless signal available from the ground floor to the second floor

It'd be a smart decision to spend little bit much and invest in an n router though.

if you ask me i woule suggest you should go for the a N router to be much 'future proof' plus if your devices support 802.11n then file transfer speed among two pc will hugh very high
    so on teh whole if you go for N router this will will get the following benifits

1.Better speeds
    2.Better Range
    3.Dual band
    4.Future proof

so go for it and please post back you reply i reply

hey that is the great solution but Since I'm a financial problem with geting that router I will have to remain for some while and as told by you all I might go for go for the N series router.

Also guys required to check by mean of thr the wireless router will I be capable to connect my tablet or else handset to my Desktop. If so kindly let me familier how to do this.

I may exchange to another internet provider may be BSNL or Airtel parhaps ADSL and if that will be the case then s router might not behelp ful . I previously contain have a wireless router for ADSL connection. so will have decision on the basis of this

just install WiFi File Explorer on to your handset to copy files on the phone to computer all the ways trough the help of the WiFi hopes this will helps and you be able to make use of that with connection to connect the tab as well as mobiles however i suggest to acquire the router itself rather than the adapter as a a g router will give u good performance than the adapter

i would like to suggest you to get the ASUS RT-N13U Very good router. If have plan of purchase this laptop then you should definitly get this though i have read that that just one of the routers obtainable in the market supports saving the password for Beam Cable login.