Thread: What are the Rooted Nook Tablet Options?

What are the Rooted Nook Tablet Options?

right now I am using Nook Color with the dpi of 240. However I am looking to use Nook Tablet. But I wanted to confirm following details which will be helpful to know whether it is worth to purchase this particular device. What about the rooted Nook Tablet with the 240 dpi settings? Let me know if you are having any speculation on this particular matter. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: What are the Rooted Nook Tablet Options?

Well in this particular situation you should know that the Android is having ability to use the different kind of the dp settings irrespective of the hardware dpi or UI design. Dp stands for Density-independent pixel which mean it’s a virtual pixel unit which is used when you are supposed to defining UI layout. In order to express layout dimensions or the position in to the density-independent.

After going through the post of yours I wanted to tell you that the density-independent pixel is same as of the one physical pixel which is available on the 160 dpi screen which is supposed to be the baseline density assumed by the system for medium baseline density. When the system is running system is handling the scaling of the dp units and it is based on the density of the screen.
    I recommend that you should use the dp units when you are supposed to defining the application's UI in order to make the proper display of the UI on the screens.

I have understand the advantage of the developer which is laying out of the UI and it needs to run the different display resolution. However I am not able to see any advantage for the end-user. I don’t found any reason to set the dpi to 240 if you are able to display on the 169 dpi on the device.

If you are supposed to setting the device on the dpi setting to 240 than it will allow the app to 150% in the size. However there is the size of the cost of more screen space.
    Also I wanted to tell if you are having Nook Color than you will be able to see dpi setting into the build.prop up or down. Anyway if you are having any query than feel free to ask about the same.