Thread: How to Repartition media and data partition on Nook Tablet?

How to Repartition media and data partition on Nook Tablet?

My question to you experts is related to Nook Tablet that I own. Many of you must have figured out the rooting process on Nook tablet. My Nook Tablet has up to partition of 1 GB and about. Can someone explain me what are these two kinds of partition? And how it can be done in my new Nook Tablet?

Re: How to Repartition media and data partition on Nook Tablet?

I am glad to add my post here and help you. You should know that under the most favorable conditions, repartitioning will give you a more 1GB of space, and no doubt break the capacity to ever do a manufacturing plant restore or stack extra upgrades when they are discharged by B&N. I think we need to hold up for a unlocked bootloader or in any event a receptive CWM with bootable workaround same as the droids before we begin upsetting the filesystem. I am sure about it.

If you are not aware than I would like to ensure you that present specification or you can say the configuration permits 11GB for acquired applications, films, books, music from Amazon application store, BN application store or Google business sector. Just 1GB is took into consideration close user stacked music, books, motion pictures and so on. In the event that you have over one thousand melody music accumulation (5GB) you would like stacked to NT you will ought to utilize a microSD card. You cannot stack a HD motion picture in the 1GB media segment. The old NC parcel plan had 5GB media and 1GB information. The more current NC segment plan has 1GB media and 5GB information. Most users should not use the 11GB for obtained applications.

You could probably put pattern inquiry ways in some media players to output /data/media or whatever you need to call it. You may even have the capacity to setup a symlink. You would be able to additionally open the file and so on straight from the mainFolder like Root Explorer. I do see your focus, however, how the layout is offbeat from the NC. I'm utilizing a 32GB memory card so I figure this isn't an issue for me.

The information parcel is organized inasmuch as the media parcel is vfat designed. When the Nook Tablet is joined to a machine via USB, the vfat framework is what the user sees for stacking his particular substance. I try not to think the ext4 segment appears as a head on the workstation.

You would be able to save indexes on the EXT4 segment and access them through an index director, but it won't show up as a head on your workstation when you associate it. You could need to duplicate indexes to a SD card, then from the SD card (connected to the Nook) to the /information segment. I'm dealing with a strategy to make a "virtual" FAT filesystem within /information that could be mounted to /media as a substitute. This could permit you to utilize around 10GB for media (while leaving 1GB for /information). The fit part is that it doesn't need any repartitioning or reformatting and might be effectively undone.

Since you could not venture to hold up for that virtual mount to work (which sounds super cool, by the way; could a distinctive go at be to take a gander at the smb.conf in the Samba server for Android and impart /information via Samba over the arrangement? I've perused the 'stock' samba server could not venture to impart Linux filesystems, but I must doubt that cannot be overridden in .conf.

On the NC and NST, /data is an android-only vanilla filesystem
    • /mnt/media is the filesystem that is swapped out of Android for copying in from Windows

On an established apparatus where /information is not full, you could probably utilize fdisk (or busybox fdisk in the event that you have not symlinked busybox to the summons it backs) to therapist /information. I could do this over a satellite association, with the goal that you don't inch toward getting involved in both segment altering and unmount/remount at capacity on.

You get a mistake concerning the piece still utilizing the old dividing. You don't forethought. Reboot, and your /information segment has contracted. Now could be an exceptional chance to run fsck on that newfangled, humbler paritition. You'll get a warning about running fsck on a mounted circle. On a mechanism with a resized parcel and no exact filesystem harm, this has not been an issue for me.

The foremost time I did it, I was jumbled about which set of notes depicted what. When the unit fizzled to begin 8 times, it got a load of the planet and grasped a reimage was required, and arranged the good to go ext fileystems as /information and /reserve, and the bloated filesystem as /media.