Thread: Dell streak 7 won’t charge through USB

Dell streak 7 won’t charge through USB

– HI , I have recently purchased dell streak 7 as I have mentioned in the title, but don’t know exactly what could be the problem as I am not able to get it charged with the help of USB connection from the PC. I can only charge the mobile with the AC charger came along with the BOX.

Is there anybody having same problem with the phones? Please let me know what could be the problem, any solution for the same will be appreciated.

Re: Dell streak 7 won’t charge through USB

there should be some settings while you connect the mobile with the PC so that it charge up the mobile once connected. But still before that you should also make sure whether the device you are using supports this feature? Are you sure about the same? If so then you should make sure whenever you connect the mobile with the PC, did it gets connected, I mean to say in other words does it detected in your PC? If not then you need to have a driver for connecting the device first and then try to make this setting in your machine.

I have heard that the it is not good to charge the device with such source while we have a good charger for the same purpose.

Are you having any problem with the charger gotten with the mobile? Apart from that Tablets, not just the Streak require 5 volts, 2 amps... standard USB ports on computers and such output 5 volts in SOME cases, but never more than 1 amp, but I have heard that we can modify the voltages as well from the BIOS settings.

what the hell, after calling the customer support I came to know that There is NO USB CHARGE support for Streak 7. I punctually will be returning this device after only 1 day of ownership as with the amalgamation of small battery life and no USB charging is just merely pathetic for a "mobile" device.

Poor dell people’s once again a crap piece.