Thread: How to change the Nook Tablet Keyboard to third party keyboard

How to change the Nook Tablet Keyboard to third party keyboard

Hello friends, I have the Nook tablet and I wanted to change the keyboard of the tablet. I wanted to install the third party keyboard on to the tablet. I have search for it and I am not able to get it on the tablet. I want to use the third party keyboard on the tablet, so please help me that how I can do it and what is the method to do it. So please help me and give me some suggestion to do it. Thank you.

Re: How to change the Nook Tablet Keyboard to third party keyboard

You can download the third party keyboard from the Amazon and you will be able to install it and also you will able to work on it. I have downloaded one of the keyboards from there and I am using it on my tablet.

Yes I was also having problem with the third parry keyboard on to the screen, so I have tried a method which you can also try it and the method is as follows:
    • Root the Nook Tablet
    • By the means of the root file manager go to /system/apps
    • As you can over there then locate the keyboard apk and copy the name of the keyboard.
    • Change the name of the apk as you done with the copying of the name
    • After changing the name, now you locate the /data/app folder
    • With that you will be able to locate your keyboard app of choice and rename it to whatever your default keyboard is named
    • Move that file to /system/apps
    • After doing that Restart the tablet and see if the keyboard you downloaded sticks.

If the above user method is not working then it is due re naming of the original apk file name. So I would suggest you to go back to the file manager application and remove the apk file of the third party keyboard, as you remove that then remove one which is there in the stock. After doing this you restart the tablet and it might worked and also better.

If you have tried the method which the above user have told you to do and then also it is not working for you then you better get it back to the original keyboard which was already there in the tablet. For doing that you better switch off the device and hold the N key, which is there on the tablet. After doing that you starts you tablet and you will be able to get the entire factory setting which was there earlier when you have purchased the tablet.

I was searching on the internet for the same then I have come across same method which one of the user have told you to do and that method actually worked for me, so I would suggest you to try that method it will really help you.