Thread: Android market force closes on download attempt in Nook tablet

Android market force closes on download attempt in Nook tablet

HI, I have recently bought a Nook tablet and installed the android market APK in the tablet. Everything were working perfectly but when it comes to downloading any content it was just forcibly get closed, don’t know what could be the reason for the same. But is there anybody over here having same problem with the tablet? Any suggestion for resolving this would be appreciated.

Re: Android market force closes on download attempt in Nook tablet

I think the application you have installed is being corrupted in your device, or might be possible that because of the in correct cache this could be happening. Thus I would like to recommend you that you should try to clear all the cache regarding that application and try downloading something from the application.

You just have to simply go to settings >> applications >> manage applications >> market and then click the clear cache button.

If you are still getting the same problem even after clearing the cache, it might be possible as either the application you have installed have been corrupted or simply there could be some problem with the firmware installed in the mobile.

If you are still getting the same problem even after clearing the cache, it might be possible as either the application you have installed have been corrupted or simply there could be some problem with the firmware installed in the mobile.
    I am agreeing with the above user as surely there could be some problem with the firmware installed in your tablet, Anyways have you ever tried resetting the firmware? Because see if there will be any glitches with the firmware then surely it will be resolved as soon as you completed with the firmware resetting.

I don’t know from where you have downloaded the application for the mobile but still I would like to suggest you that you should download the same once again in your tablet from here and see whether you are getting the same problem or not.

but before downloading this one I would like to recommend you that you should delete the one which is already installed in your tablet. Because it might be possible that the corrupted cache of the previous application may not allow you to connect to android market or may give you the same error with the application.

Why don’t you visit the service center dude, because see I personally believes as you can have précised information about the same from there only. That’s the only source from where you can figure out as what could be the problem with the phone.

once I was also having the same problem with the device, in fact at that time the worst part was like It was force closing on me, on at other side if I access android market from computer it now lists Nook Tablet as one of my devices. Apart from this can you please let me know have you ever tried rooting the device? Because I have heard that, there are so many applications which is not installed properly in the device after rooting. Thus if you have rooted the device then you can have two options either you have to quit using this application or simply unroot the device once and then only you can make use of this application.

Though I am agreed with the above user but still I quite sure as there is some problem with the installed firmware in your device rather than the application you had downloaded.

Thus, I think it would be better if you get the firmware reinstalled once again in your device and see are you getting any variations in the performance.