Thread: I am not able to download Atheros Wireless NIC drivers for Vostro A860 and even cannot contact technical support

I am not able to download Atheros Wireless NIC drivers for Vostro A860 and even cannot contact technical support

I am using the dell vostro A860 laptop for my daily use. Actually I m facing the problem with my Atheros Wireless NIC drivers, the problem is that Im not able to download the atheros wireless NIC drivers for my laptop. And the major problem is that I cannot contact to the dell technical support as my laptop is out of warranty. So I want to know, is it something that we cannot download the drivers from the website after the warranty period is over….since I’m new to such type of things so asking about this. is there any other website from where I can download the drivers for my vostro laptop.

Re: I am not able to download Atheros Wireless NIC drivers for Vostro A860 and even cannot contact technical support

Who told you that you cannot download the drivers after the warranty period. You can download the drivers from the dell website and for this they do not charge you anything.

Re: I am not able to download Atheros Wireless NIC drivers for Vostro A860 and even cannot contact technical support

I want to ask you that which operating system you are using in your laptop. Because it might that you are using the different OS in your laptop and you are trying different drivers for the os which I think it does not have support. So for this I want to ask you that which OS you are using in your laptop. And my advise you to is that try downloading the drivers from the deel website only which is compatible to it and for the OS you are running in your laptop.

I am using the windows XP on my dell laptop and I’m trying to download the drivers which is compatible to the OS which I have installed in the laptop. But the problem is that it not letting me to download the drivers from the website. So for this what should I do now??

I think you should try renewing of the warranty for the laptop. Because as you are not able to download the drivers from the website and for this issue you cannot do anything accept contacting the dell support care for the issue. So my advise to you would be that you should renew your expired warranty of dell vostro. Because renewing of the laptop would let you with many benefits, first thing your laptop drivers problem would be solved, other thing you will get many other benefits for laptop. So you should really go for renewing the warranty of the laptop as it will cost you some money but will be worth doing this.