Thread: Fingerprint Reader not able to detect in the Dell Vostro 3550

Fingerprint Reader not able to detect in the Dell Vostro 3550

I bought the Dell Vostro 3550 laptop few months back, the problem which I’m facing from few days is that my laptop is not able to detect the fingerprint reading. Whenever I try to login with the fingerprint, it does not read the fingerprint and logins without doing it. so what should I do now as I’m not getting the reason behind this. do anyone have the idea about how can I fix it back.

Re: Fingerprint Reader not able to detect in the Dell Vostro 3550

See first thing I would like to tell you is that, try installing the drivers in the laptop as it seems that your drivers might be having some problem. Jus check it out re-installing the drivers in your laptop and see that whether your laptop is working it properly or not. Is it able to detect the fingerprint reader or not.

I want to ask you is that, have you re-insatlled the windows os in your laptop???? Because I doubt that if you had re-installed the windows in your laptop then have you installed the drivers again in the laptop and if yes then it should be able to detect the fingerprint reader, if not then try installing the drivers for the fingerprint reader for the windows 7 OS.

As you have mentioned above me that you should try installing the drivers in your laptop. For this I have tried installing the drivers in the laptop but still there is no response of detecting the fingerprint reader for login. Actually I had reinstalled the windows 7 OS in my dell laptop because I wanted to try the ubuntu OS in my laptop, so for this I had uninstalled the windows 7 and installed the ubuntu in my laptop. But when I again reinstalled the windows 7 OS in my laptop, the problem of not detecting the fingerprint started persisting and it does not read the fingerprint of mine during login, I have also checked about drivers for this and I found that the drivers are installed properly.

For this if you are facing then you should try downloading the biometric drivers from the dell website for your windows 7 os. What you have to do is, go to the dell website in that you will find the drivers and download, now provide your dell model no. with the windows OS you are using. So it will provide you with the drivers and now download it to your system and install it.

According to me you should try doing the following things:-

• Try to install the drivers in the your laptop.
    • Now after installing the biometric drivers try shuting your laptop down.
    • Remove your laptop battery for 15 min.
    • Now again attach the battery and reboot the system again.

This I’m saying is because once I had the same issue regarding the fingerprint reading problem, so I tried the same thing and it worked for me. So I suggest you that try doing with the above procedure and check it out whether it is detecting well or not.

I tried doing with the above procedure and what I found out that it still persisting with the same problem. Its not able to detect the fingerprint stil after doing with the above suggestions.