Thread: Acer Iconia A100 vs. Nook Tablet

Acer Iconia A100 vs. Nook Tablet

Hi, I am about to have a tablet for myself but I am quite confused about the one I have mentioned like which one would be better to have? Because one of the model is the most recent one and another one is like quite older one but still having very good features

Any suggestion for choosing the best one will be appreciated.

Re: Acer Iconia A100 vs. Nook Tablet

On the outside, the Nook Tablet is the similar as the Nook Color I've come to know over the preceding year. It has the similar heaviness to it. The identical plastic casing and buttons but I’d say a lighter shadow of metallic gray this time. And the similar strange belt loop thingy in the lower left corner. Still not sure what that's all about.

I'm not overwhelmed with the Nook Tablet's design somehow, but it's absolutely better than the Fire's PlayBook-like trouble-free rectangular look. while the Nook Color got its Android update in the spring, turning it from a color e-reader into a full-fledged tablet, I thought developers created a solid OS for a $260 device. But as I said on top of, things have tainted, and developers actually required to astonish me with its latest update.

According to me you should get the one from the acer iconia A100 rather than the another one you have mentioned because see I personally believe that the price they have decided for the tablet is not that worth buying. See I have mentioned some pros and cons of both the tablet so that you can have better idea about the same.

Nook Tablet

Pros:
    • IPS screen

• 16gb memory

• Battery Life

Cons:

• Froyo

• No Bluetooth, Cameras, or HDMI

Acer A100

Pros:

• Honeycomb

• Bluetooth, HDMI, Dual Cameras

• $60 cheaper

Cons:

• Battery life

• Thickness

• No IPS

exactly I am agreed with the above user as it would be better if you simply have another one that A100 rather than the Nook, because see if you consider the tablet so off course you’ll going to use it for the media purpose so obviously you’ll require to have HDMI cable in order to connect the device with any HDTV or somewhat like that. And another confusing thing is like the nook tablet Looks like its a pretty standard tablet, but actually it isn’t.

if you look at the hardware specification of the both the tablet then you’ll became aware as the newer NOOK tablet has very good hardware then the acer iconia which can bring you an excellent performance.

See you can have 1GHz TI OMAP4 (dual-core) processor with 1GB RAM whereas in acer iconia you can have Dual-core 1GHz ARM Cortex-A9 processor, ULP GeForce GPU, Tegra 2 T20 chipset with 512 MB RAM.

Though you’ll get better OS in A100 as Android OS, v3.0 (Honeycomb), upgradable to v3.2 and in other they are offering gingerbread. But still my recommendation would be to have nook for yourself

Though you have mentioned like the Nook is the newer one still there is very weired disadvantage of the tablet. I don’t know whether you are aware about the same or not, but with that tablet you’ll not be able to refuse the OTA update however as if the firmware will be available then it will be downloaded to the device automatically and will update the device firmware though you don’t want it to install. When I was checking about the same thing I came to know about the thread from here, and before choosing that I would like to recommend you that you should try to make your mind first and then only make a purchase.

I would say acer iconia will be better as though you have a device with almost all the functionality but according to me it is still incomplete without a good camera.

According to me Nook tablet is not that bad for the entertainment based devices. As far as I know this is fastest, lightest tablet with the most excellent entertainment displayed in stunning VividView. See I have mentioned some of the good features of the device so that you can have better idea about it.

• Movies, TV shows and music from the top applications such as Netflix, Hulu Plus, Pandora & more

• World's mainly advanced VividView 7" Touch screen

• Over 2.5 million books, publications, comics & kids' books

• Lightning speedy Email, Web & smooth and stable streaming video

• Thousands of must-have applications like Angry Birds and Epicurious

• Extra-long battery life nevertheless ultra-light and slim

• forever free NOOK support in-store

You've brought up a group of superior points. I by now have my nook tablet on pre-order but of course I always second guess myself. particularly seeing as nobody has actually had a chance to play with it nevertheless.

I don't really require the Camera or the HDMI. HDMI sounds pleasant but I'd much rather use a DLNA app and not make use of any wires. Bluetooth and GPS would also be again finicky but I don't think I would exercise the Bluetooth keyboard, mouse, or stereo headset but I think GPS would be kind of nice.

My major thing is I expect we can root it. To me that's a big part of the excitement. I've read a number of the reviews of the kindle fire and it resonance as folks are less than overwhelmed but they won't come out and say it.

hey thanks for the suggestion guys, after seeing the above recommendations it seems like acer is a clear winner but still it would be better if I could go through the tablet buying guide once so that I can compare more devices and have better alternatives. Thanks.