Thread: BlackBerry Curve 9360 have poor battery life

BlackBerry Curve 9360 have poor battery life

Hi, I am have recently update my blackberry as previously I was using 8530 but now I have purchased this BlackBerry Curve 9360. I am not sure whether the battery of the mobile is really poor or there is some problem with my mobile, because I easily got 8 hours of regular immediate messaging on my old blackberry 8530 before it completely went red and with this mobile it just drains its battery within some time only. Any idea what could be the problem with the phone? because I don’t think there could be some hardware damage, isn’t it? Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: BlackBerry Curve 9360 have poor battery life

Well, as far as battery life is concern I would say there could be so many problems associated with the mobile, as either there could be some hardware problem or simply an software that’s the firmware problem in the mobile. Anyways are you getting this problem from the day you have bought this phone or just from fewer noticeable days only?

Because see if there is some problem from the beginning itself then I think there could be some problem with the hardware only rather than its software. Anyways I would like to suggest you that you can simply try to test the hardware you are having in your mobile, In other words you can have option to make use of another accessories to see whether the one you are having is working perfectly or not. After putting another battery in the mobile you can ensure whether the phone behaves the same way or not, because if the performance changes that means there is surely some problem in the battery you are using and you may have to replace it, or else you try to charge it with different charger as well.

Surely there is some problem with your phone hardware or software as mentioned by the above user because I am also having same phone and works fine for me, why don’t you visit service center for the same?

I think there could be some problem with the firmware only because I have noticed that so many users have mentioned about the same issue regarding the battery in this newer curve series phone models. By the way have you ever tried to reset the firmware installed in the mobile? If not then I would like to recommend you that you should try to do that first in order to figure out whether there is some problem with the firmware or not. I hope you must be aware as there are two different ways through which you can make your firmware reset and that’s soft resetting and hard resetting. Always remember and off course it is been always recommended as well like we must have to take back up of the important data first before proceeding, because software resetting will only wipe the setting from the phone but when you attempt for the hard reset it will wiped out everything from the phone and you’ll not get anything.

I am agreeing with the above user as you should try to reset the firmware first. But have you ever installed any third party application in your mobile ever? Because once I was also having same problem after installing such application in the phone. so if you have installed any such so you can try to measure the battery performance by removing them.

have you ever tried battery calibration yet? If not then I would like to suggest you that you should try to do that so that if there would be any problem with the batter than it would be vanished, see if there is some damage in the battery then whatever you do with it you’ll surely get the problem, but I have noticed that so many people get resolution to their problem through this calibration only and for doing this you can follow the below mentioned steps.

Steps:

• Fully charge the battery to its maximum capacity (100%);

• Unplug the power cord and let the phone been in idle mode till the battery gets fully drained, off course it will take longer time thus patience is expected.

• As the battery drains wholly remove it from the mobile and then after sometime put it back to mobile and then charge it again.

See if you use to interact with the internet based application all the time with the phone then let me tell you as whatever battery life you must be getting would be OK for sure, because as mentioned above all the third party application causes such problem but together with them such internet based application used to interact with the internet which also cause the higher battery consumption.

As it is a smartphone we can’t expect that much but battery in the mobile but still there are a variety of behavior through which you can manage the battery utilization in the mobile and carry on the battery for longer time then the expected. Some ways are mentioned below which is approximately efficient for all smartphone not only this one since this are quite common factors associated with the battery consumption.

1. Turn-off wireless connection

2. Avoid over heating

3. Adjust the screen brightness

4. Turn off 3G if not in use

5. turn off vibrating alert

6. Terminate applications

7. disable automatic update feature as it keep interacting with the internet.

8. Turn off BlueTooth when not in use.

Have you ever updated firmware of you mobile? If not then I would say you should try to that as it might be possible that there could be some problem with the firmware which is currently installed in the mobile. Try to install the latest version rather than the one you have installed currently.

Hey thanks for starting such thread about this models dude, because I was also about to have this mobile, and for me battery life is quite important concern. And I think that’s the worst here, isn’t it ?

I would like to tell you to above user as the mobile phone is quite good rather this could be a first case as well, so if you are planning to have this mobile then surely you can have it.

And for you dude I think it would be better if you visit the service center first and make sure about the products stat, because the thing is like though you don’t have any problem in the phone but after applying the all such own solution you may cause some real problem in the phone and that’s why it is always recommended as you should try to visit the service center in any such case. And as you have mentioned that you have bought the phone just now so surely the warranty period would be also be remaining so off course all the service would be given to you free in case of any replacement as well. I use to do the same thing whenever I feel some problem with my blackberry.

i bought a 9360 two days back and im already having battery problems..the battery drains in just 8-10 hours.i found on the internet that a lot of people have the same issue .
    i would be upgrading it today .im currently on .359 . i will update on the status in a couple of days!
    hope it helps