Thread: In vostro 1000 what is the possible RAM I can upgrade to

In vostro 1000 what is the possible RAM I can upgrade to

As I am using the dell vostro 1000 as my laptop, what I want to know is that can I upgrade the RAM in my laptop. As my laptop config is

• Windows XP (64 bit)
    • Intel dual core
    • Have 1 GB on both the slots

So I want to know can I upgrade the RAM up to 4 GB which currently I'm having 2 GB of RAM on both the slots.

Re: In vostro 1000 what is the possible RAM I can upgrade to

Since you are using the windows XP with the 64 bit, for this I can’t say whether you should you are able to upgrade it or not, as for 32 bit I have done it and it is possible to do it on the laptop. But for the 64 bit I ‘m not sure whether it supports or not as the drivers should be compatible and should support it.

I got your point you want to know that is it possible to upgrade the RAM in your dell1000 laptop. As you are using the 2GB of RAM which is situated in the different slots of 1 GB. So I would like to tell you is that you cannot upgrade the RAM to the 4 GB as you are looking. and it is not worth installing the 4 GB of RAM as mine dell vostro 1000 is having 2 GB of RAM and which is running on the windows 7 fine and the thing is that laptop is working very smoothly without any problem or any upgradation.

See if you are thinking of upgrading the RAM in your laptop then I would say that you should fisrt try doing it temporrily. See whether it supports and works properly after upgrading the RAM or not, if the RAM works properly then you can install it or it is recommended that you use the default RAM which had came at buying of the laptop. And if you still have the doubt then I must say you that try contacting the dell care and they will guide you with the upgrading of the RAM in your dell vostro 1000 laptop.

Because contacting to the dell support care would let you you know that upgrading of the RAM is good for the laptop or not.