Thread: Blackberry BOLD 9900 Screen went off throughout call and does not wake up

Blackberry BOLD 9900 Screen went off throughout call and does not wake up

HI, I am having blackberry bold 9900 but having problem with the phone as whenever I try to make or receive any call through the mobile, so according to the proximity sensor it should off the screen of the phone, but that’s good till that but I have mentioned in the title after turning the screen off nothing appears to be working with the phone. Anyone over here having same problem with the phone? Any suggestion for resolving this would be appreciated.

Re: Blackberry BOLD 9900 Screen went off throughout call and does not wake up

have you tried battery pulling? Doesn’t it seems helpful?

Anyways I think there could be so many problem with the phone as either there could be some software problem or might be possible it could be some hardware problem. Thus it would be better if you get your mobile tested from any service center or from any local technician.

I think you should try to reset the firmware once so that you can have idea about the software glitches in the phone, because see I am not that sure about the problem you have mentioned but still would like to recommend you that if it would some software glitch then obviously it will be removed rather resolved after doing this. But while doing this you should make sure you have taken the backup of important data or else you’ll lose each and every date you have stored in the phone, because after firmware resetting the hard resetting will not only restore the setting in the phone rather all the factory data will be restored once again in the phone.

have you ever tried disabling the proximity sensor in the phone? If not then you should at least try to do that so you can have better idea whether the problem is because of the proximity sensor or because of the firmware installed in the mobile.

I am quite unsure about this because it seems there could be some problem with the hardware and not with the software, because see if there could be some problem with the software then obviously it could be resolved after at least reinstalling the firmware, have you tried that ever?

Because see as the above user has mentioned like you should try to with the firmware resetting so obviously if that doesn’t make any changes in the performance then you should try with the firmware reinstallation as well, and that’s will the last occurrence of software glitch and should be resolved after reinstalling the firmware or else hardware gets damaged simply.

– I was also thinking about the same, because though I haven’t tried the firmware reinstallation but still I don’t think that would be helpful any way. Thanks for the above suggestions.

I think according to me it would be better if you visit the service center for the same, because I don’t think there could be some problem with the phone’s firmware rather you must be having problem with the phones hardware and which needs to be changed or replaced. And off course over here if you visit any local technician for the same then obviously there isn’t any guaranty that the hardware install in the mobile will be original once again and not the duplicate. And there won’t be any guarantee for the same, but If the same thing will be installed by the service center the obviously you’ll get the superior thing.

And another thing which is good over here is like you don’t have to pay them as well for any services as well, rather if the mobile will be in the warranty terms and conditions then you’ll get all the treatment for free of cost.