Thread: blackberry bold 9900 keeps rebooting

blackberry bold 9900 keeps rebooting

HI, I am using blackberry bold 9900 from couple of months and everything were working perfectly. Since last night the phone often reboots automatically, and don’t know exactly what could be the reason for that. I haven’t seen any such problem ever with the phone and that’s why I am not able to figure out what could be the exact reason for the same.

Is there anybody having same problem with the phone? Any suggestion for resolving the same will be appreciated.

Re: blackberry bold 9900 keeps rebooting

well, I think this could be just because of the application and the games that we use to install in the mobile. Though I have mentioned application and games but I am not concerning that only but all the content that we stored in the mobile can cause such problem if they corrupted and regards to that those mentioned things are the major causers. Thus if you have installed any such application which seems corrupted or simply not compatible with your phone then you can remove it. And if you are not getting which application or game can cause such problem with the phone than simple put an emphasis on the third party application. Along with this also make sure whether is there any application running in the background? Because running them in background can cause the overheating issue with the phone and which in turn keeps rebooting the phone.

I was also having the same problem with the phone after updating it to the newer firmware, unfortunately I installed the previous version again in the phone and it is working fine once again.

Have you ever reset the firmware installed in the phone, because I personally believe as there could be some problem with the phone’s firmware rather than anything else.

Thus I would like to recommend you that you should try to reset the firmware of the phone and see whether you agree getting the same problem or what, because I quite sure as the problem will be resolve somehow. As resetting the firmware will simply remove all the cache from the mobile. But be aware as the process will wiped out all the data from the phone and you’ll not be able to get it restore however once they get deleted thus It would be better if you keep a back up for the same so that anything happens wrong then you can simply recover the data from the backup.

I am agree with the above user as there could be some problem with the installed or saved contend in the phone, thus I would say if you want to test it properly then you should try to remove the SD card from the phone and then see whether are you getting the same performance or what, and if not so off course there is some problem with the sd card only you have to get it formatted and after that only use it with the phone.

I had the similar rebooting problem continually on my rooted Commando after it upgraded to Gingerbread 2.3.3 and lost root. It kept rebooting continuously even after finally doing the zergRush root on it last week. So I planned a replacement phone and re-rooted it with zergRush. The new phone is now 100% just right and no rebooting at all. I know you must be thinking as the phone I am using is the android but still, OS doesn’t matter sometimes. By the way, this was my fourth replacement Commando since june..so hang in there! My battery is not getting hot. I would advise getting a different replacement phone from wherever you have bought it. If you still are seeing a rebooting problem, then replace the battery. I am using the Mugen Power 1800 mAH extended life battery and it's immense...I'm getting approximately precisely 48 hours out of it with moderate exercise.

Have you ever noticed any overheating issue with the phone? Because It might be one of the reason causing such problem with the phone. Thus you should also make sure about the same whether you are having any such problem with the phone or not.

See whenever it comes to overheating with the phone, it happens because of the faulty accessories that we often use with the phone that’s its charger or the battery. So if you are using any such faulty rather duplicate product with the phone then you should try to make use of original product only as it is always recommended by the experts as well.

And if you have a glance at the manual given to you then you can be aware as they have also mentioned the same thing as you should always make use original product.

I am completely agree with the above user but still if suppose you are still pursuing the same problem then I would like to recommend you that you should try to visit the service center once for the mobile and let them aware about the same. Because I think they could be the only people who will give some sort of information for the same, rather than any other. And after all it would be quite good alternative as well, if you are not aware about any other process for resolving this.

In fact another good thing is like you’ll be benefitted in terms of finance as well, you don’t have to pay them if your device will be in the warranty period.

I think you should try to reinstall the firmware in the phone once again and see what happens, since firmware resetting will not help you anyways as I have personally experienced the same thing with my BB bold.

see if you are keep getting the same problem with the phone then I think replacement would be better option according to me.

idea Re: blackberry bold 9900 keeps rebooting

Hey I had the exact same problem- my first 9900 got stuck in an infinite reboot loop- the company replaced it. Second phone got stuck in the same reboot loop, this time I reinstalled the OS (using BBSAK) and it worked fine.
    Both phones had the problem of randomly rebooting. My phone would reboot itself at least 15 times through the day. I thought it was an OS problem and cycled through 3 different OS 7s.
    The ACTUAL solution was much much much simpler- I figured out that my phone rebooted on any minor impact, and that the battery was probably loose. Stuck a thick double sided tape on the inside of my battery cover to snuggen the battery, and my phone hasn't rebooted itself since.
    May not work for everyone- but it's too easy a fix to not try I think.

Nice observation. I hope this was the only issue. It is really irritating to have a new phone stucked on such reboot issue. Restarting issue is faced by other users also but in that the battery is not a problem. Many a time factory reset does the work.