Thread: Error 40850 while opening blackberry app world in BlackBerry Bold 9900

Error 40850 while opening blackberry app world in BlackBerry Bold 9900

HI, i am quite former user of blackberry bold 9900 mobile phone and i often make use of internet through the phone but never ever gotten any such error while connecting to blackberry apps world. Whenever i try to open that with the phone i used to get the error code i have mentioned in the title, is there anybody over here having same problem with the phone? i am not able to figure what could be the reason causing such problem in the phone. any suggestion for resolving this would be appreciated.

Re: Error 40850 while opening blackberry app world in BlackBerry Bold 9900

I suggest that you clear the AppWorld application cache, if you didn’t tried it nevertheless, and for that you have to follow the below mentioned steps.

- Open App World

- For keyboard-based BB's -- Hold down the ALT key and then press, in sequence R, then S, then T

For Touch Screen Only BBs -- Hold the num-lock (!?123) button so it locks and then press, in sequence 3, then 4, then (.

- If your BB locks after issuing the cache clear, perform a battery pull reboot

- Return to AppWorld. Log into MyWorld (if applicable) and try again.

Hopefully it'll work for you! Good luck and let us know as well.

make sure the internet connection you are using is activated or simply you need to confirm your network connections and try again later., because if there could be the only problem then whatever you do with the phone but you’ll keep getting an error. But along with that if you are not getting anything then you should at least try to reset the internet settings in the phone and if you are well aware about configuring those settings then you can reconfigure it as well.

have you ever tried resetting the firmware of the phone because it might be possible as there could be some problem with the phone’s firmware and not with the application causing this error, thus though you haven’t tried it yet but would like to suggest you that you should at least do that so you can have better idea about the problem.

While doing this you should always make sure as if you want to save all you important data then you must have to take backup for the same or else you’ll lose each and every data stored in the phone because as if you try hard resetting, it will surely wiped out the data from the phone and i don’t think that could be recoverable as well.

I had the similar trouble once with my BB, and tried all the identical methods to figure it out. In conclusion, I hit upon the solution, and it’s incredibly trouble-free.

In App World, go to My App World, and beneath your login User ID, the Password field will be blank. Fill out your password, and hit <return>. just the once you're logged in by means of your password, go back to the software’s you were trying to download, the error 40850 will fade away.

yeah i have the same opinion as the above user, if it still does not work, make sure your Payment Method details. As it might be possible your credit card has expired.

Though I am agree with the above user but still i don’t think firmware resetting will help you anyways rather you should try to reinstall the firmware once again, it might be possible the application world will be corrupted. It happens sometimes with the phone, although I am not having the same phone but with the Samsung there is also a same feature that’s Samsung application world and it often causes problem with the phone, thus firmware resetting is not the only way but still sometimes we don’t have any other solutions for the same.

See still see if you don’t wanted to reinstall the whole firmware then i would say you should at least try to uninstall that application from the phone and then try to download it again from here.

I have almost tried each and everything you have mentioned like clearing cache or resetting the firmware, but nothing seems to be working.

I think firmware resetting will be the only way left for resolving this, anyways thanks for the suggestions mentioned above.

Have you ever contacted blackberry support center for the same? because i think they are the only people who can help you with this problem and somehow will provide you some sort of solution as well for the problem.