Thread: Switchable graphics is not working on HP DV6TQE

Switchable graphics is not working on HP DV6TQE

I am using HP DV6TQE and I have recently bought it and the problem here I am facing is that I am not able to make the ATI graphics card work on it. I have found that the intel HD graphics and the mobile intel HD graphics driver has been marked with the yellow exclamation in the device manager. I have also found that in the catalyst control center I am not having any option to switch the GPU automatically while running on battery. Is there anyone who has faced the same problem and has an idea about the same and can help me out as well? Any suggestion regarding this will be appreciated.

Re: Switchable graphics is not working on HP DV6TQE

Even I am having the same problem with the this model and I have been trying to search a solution for the same since a week but then I have not got any success by now and I have also contacted the HP assistant and after trying a lot of solution them mentioned I finally gave them remote access and even after that they were not able to find out a solution for the same and then just said that it might be some kind of driver/software malfunction. And they will try to fix this soon and till now I have not get any response and they just keep on saying that they are looking in to the problem.

I am using HP DV6TQE and I have recently bought it and the problem here I am facing is that I am not able to make the ATI graphics card work on it. I have found that the intel HD graphics and the mobile intel HD graphics driver has been marked with the yellow exclamation in the device manager. I have also found that in the catalyst control center I am not having any option to switch the GPU automatically while running on battery. Is there anyone who has faced the same problem and has an idea about the same and can help me out as well? Any suggestion regarding this will be appreciated.
    I had bought the same laptop two weeks ago and I was very excited to see use the hd screen of it and I had bought that for considering the gaming part as well because I thought that I will be able to enjoy the game more on the hd screen but then when I started to play game on it then I found that it is not using radeon 6770 and when I contacted the hp support then even they were not able to sort it out and they said me to wait so they can find a solution for the same so I waited for a week and then I went back to the store and claimed for refund but they did not gave me a refund and now I have bought hp pavilion dv-1275mx but then I really wanted to have HP DV6TQE.

I am facing the same problem and I have found that there are a lot of games and apps that are not supported by it. Till now I have found the following ones:
    • Homeworld 2
    • Minecraft!!!!
    • Star Wars: Jedi Knight
    • Star Wars: Knights of Old Republic
    • Adobe Photoshop
    • Autodesk Maya
    • World of Warcraft
    • Adobe After Effects
    • Adobe Premiere

Yes it is not able to support a no of apps and games even I have found some of them and it is because it is OpenGL based and it is not having the dynamic switching defaults to the IGP:
    • Amnesia: Dark Descent
    • Rage (This one is also a OpenGL based, not DirectX)
    • Counterstrike
    • Half-Life
    • XBMC Media Center

I have found that all the OpenGL applications are not working on the HP DV6TQE and it is just not the HP DV6TQE but the same problem is with the DV6 6100, DV7 6100, DV6 Quad, and DV7 Quad. There are a no of games that are not supported and many more games are to be discovered and other then that All Adobe Software do not work and also All 3d rendering software which use OpenGL do not work on the above mentioned hp products. I am really disappointed to see this. I was planning to get a OpenGL but now I am feeling luck that I came across this issues on a no of forum before getting it.

I have found that all the OpenGL applications are not working on the HP DV6TQE and it is just not the HP DV6TQE but the same problem is with the DV6 6100, DV7 6100, DV6 Quad, and DV7 Quad. There are a no of games that are not supported and many more games are to be discovered and other then that All Adobe Software do not work and also All 3d rendering software which use OpenGL do not work on the above mentioned hp products. I am really disappointed to see this. I was planning to get a OpenGL but now I am feeling luck that I came across this issues on a no of forum before getting it.
    Yes I agree to you completely, guys just check this out:
    List of Applications that do NOT work on the DV6 6100, DV7 6100, DV6 Quad, and DV7 Quad