Thread: Unable to rotate and edit iphone 4s photos in windows 7

Unable to rotate and edit iphone 4s photos in windows 7

I just downloaded photos I took on my iPhone for Windows 7 .None of the issues, crop, red eye, the rotation is copied. And when you attempt to make use of Windows 7 the right-clockwise I acquire the following error "cannot rotate the image. The file will be capable to be in use or open a further program or file or folder will be capable to be read only. Also, you can edit the photo in Windows Photo Editor, nevertheless I can with the editor of the Office of photos.

Re: Unable to rotate and edit iphone 4s photos in windows 7

I have the same trouble. Still no genuine explanation. I thought that maybe something helpful, but Edit the photos on the iPhone 4s and only once they rotate in any direction. SAVE click. Then transfer to your PC. Trouble solved and you can now rotate and edit the image on your computer. But it has long done this for each image. The second thing I noticed is the image orientation is completely off.

I have a MacBook and a Windows 7. The MacBook works fine - all the images (and videos) are oriented correctly. However, Windows 7 box displays the error that has been said ("You can rotate the image. The file can be in use or open another program or file or folder can be read-only.") In some of images.

I exported my photos from iPhoto to an external hard drive to sync with my other pictures on the Windows box. The only solution I found is that Photoshop fix - although this is not an excellent solution. It's a long time.

I am having the same matter with Windows 7. This is outlandish. Please fix this ASAP, otherwise I'll have to go back to carrying a separate camera and phone and the whole point of buying the iphone 4s was so I didn't have too!

I had the same trouble called Apple, who put a senior technician on the phone and it was established that for me was a difficulty with the folder permissions in Windows 7, go to the top "My Pictures" folder and off "switch" read-only.

I cannot actually observe this being a trouble in Windows and previous folders that I downloaded from my iPhone the job 4. It seems that the photos upside is especially true when using the volume button to take the picture. I tried to play with the "read only", however those changes nothing. The only solution for me is to open in the paint and then just save the image and then behaves normally and can rotate and save. Seems to be some corruption in the meta data file.

I played with this ton. I was trying to get you off copy, import, etc. I just Photoshop Elements 10 and not properly cared either. They copy, but then showed about 1 inch of the image and the rest in gray.

I did fix. It was quite the read-only flag in the My Pictures folder in Windows 7, but has something to do with the import process between Apple and Microsoft. My money is that is another trouble iTunes or Apple device drivers, because I had three different types of smartphones (Android, Blackberry, and now the iPhone). Before IOS 5 (phone) had no troubles importing photos, and I do a set of photos, and some were of an iPhone 4.

You might have to do this each time, and all the time, I mean every time you sync your iPhone as it seems that when folders get the read-only flag overturned. I'm still undecided by the import creates read-only files and folders. Even more of a question, why is it when even sync photos through iTunes?

The iPhone is no picture incorporating XML metadata in the file causing the win7 not allow rotation. I am assuming you are not allowed to rotate the image, it makes the XML data (versus places, for example) no longer valid. My guess is that the programs do not allow image rotation ignore this XML data, or better support.

Half of my pictures taken with the iPhone 4S face-down with all the changes that are missing after transfer to a PC using Windows 7. NONE of the fixes mentioned in this forum has worked, except the use of paint to rotate and save the picture; however, still I cannot crop the photo or resize it. Please help someone! I have such great photos taken with my iPhone 4S in the past few weeks and I cannot use .so frustrating! Why, why must always be a trouble? I was so excited about this phone, but this bug is a deal breaker frustrating! No matter how the phone is on or I can use the button to take the picture, half out of his side or stomach and can’t be edited with Windows 7. Somebody PLEASE HELP and solve this trouble!

I just tried it with a photo that had been loaded to my PC, went sideways and cannot be edited on the PC, I returned to the still picture on my iPhone, click Edit / save, re-emailed and email your back! After following the above steps I was able to re-edit and save! , but if you have special photos you need right away, at least you can do.

We've had the same problem. We resolved this by using Picasa 3 software (free from Google) to view imported pictures. This displays all iPhone 4S pictures in the correct orientation and can resave photos (literally just hit save icon) such that they appear correctly within Windows folders subsequently. Presumably importing directly with Picasa will also display pictures in the correct orientation (we haven't tried this yet). Hope this helps!

We've had the same problem. We resolved this by using Picasa 3 software (free from Google) to view imported pictures. This displays all iPhone 4S pictures in the correct orientation and can resave photos (literally just hit save icon) such that they appear correctly within Windows folders subsequently. Presumably importing directly with Picasa will also display pictures in the correct orientation (we haven't tried this yet). Hope this helps!

Thsi answer worked for me, thanks.
    Last edited by oktobuy1; 16-01-2012 at 06:43 AM.

Picasa is good option to do this but if you wish to have more editing options then you must go with the Adobe Photoshop. You will get more editing options with this along with just rotating the photos. This will be the best according to me.