Thread: After updating to ios 5, wifi unable to work in iphone

After updating to ios 5, wifi unable to work in iphone

After updating to ios 5.iPhone Wi-Fi network is connected to my AirPort Express well, but my network is 3G, nevertheless cannot connect to it ("Unable to connect .") with the only action available is" Discard ". Even tried Apple's new AirPort Utility. Exactly the similar. Even remove the network of acquaintances and tried to connect from the beginning - still the same trouble.

Re: After updating to ios 5, wifi unable to work in iphone

I cannot connect (3G) to my access point (D-Link) unless you are standing next to him. Before IOS 5 had no connection troubles. Hopefully Apple will fix this trouble.

If so, then the iPhone can connect to the 5 GHz radio base station, but the iPhone 3G cannot be made at 5 GHz is caught doing 2.4GHz. Perhaps the 2.4 GHz radio base station "was deaf," or perhaps in a congested channel. First try to simply restart the base station. To clear up any "deafness" and if he had left the base station on the automatic channel selection, you decide the channel currently least demanding / noisy. If you manually configure the 2.4 GHz channel may have to switch to automatic or manual selection of the best channel.

Not to be indifferent of such suggestion and understand their attempts to assist us, nevertheless please note that none of the probable troubles loading / hardware / / use of the network, so that point has distorted. Whatever, it worked prior to iOS 5, so it is unlikely to be the culprit. I presume the offender is iOS, correct?

I did not want to make an assumption that it was IOS 5 and stop there, if there are other avenues of research that might shed some light on the trouble.

I suppose you've upgraded to iOS 5 on your iPhone too, but does not seem affected, so it's not only IOS 5, should be a combination of factors. You've seen the trouble on an iPhone 3G nevertheless it is a universal trouble for all iPhone 3G users or people would be screaming bloody murder. Nevertheless I've seen in my iPhone 4. So there must be one or more other factors not yet exposed. It might be something to do with the base station, or the environment or configuration.

The query is pertinent .you are running a spectrum analyzer to 2.4 GHz, it is not understandable whether the amount of interference in the channel has distorted. I'm not talking about loading your own network, nevertheless interference from neighboring networks, or other interfering signals of 2.4 GHz, and 2.4 GHz cordless phones .

I updated the whole thing, "then listed a few things. If" everything "includes things that did not make the list, like leaving to the base station firmware 7.5.2, in view of the fact that I had not done before, then the base version of firmware station could be pertinent.

I also do not want to take for granted that just because several people said "me too" to the same symptoms, they all have the similar cause. I've seen lots and lots of "Wi-Fi does not work" or "Wi-Fi will not attach" or "connection drops. Where there was a lot of "I also" to the trouble, but since the trouble is so vague (there are so a lot of dissimilar things that can cause trouble) was that people had different reasons entirely different. As always it was worth my time to track multiple parallel explanations.

I am also having the similar trouble on my iPhone 4. Had no trouble before ios 5. I improve my phone and iPad2. The iPad2 working absolutely fine. But IPhone WiFi signal fall every 10 seconds or so, reconnects after one or two seconds. All other devices connected to a 2.4GHz router are not affected. We hope a solution will come soon in 5.0.1.

I have an AirPort Extreme and Airport currently two 'Express at home. All have been at 7.5.2 now available. All the identical IP, all channels of car, all working well. No recent updates. iPhone update to 5.0 works fine in this network. obtainable iPhone 4 with 4.3.5 working well on the network. Update an iPhone 4 to 5.0. Cannot join to the network. Go to the network, for the key.

I had the same trouble, and the only way to discover a way around it is to join the network physically. So click on "Other" - Enter the network name and select the security level, for me the difficulty was with a WPA network. Not sure why this happens, nevertheless always seems to happen after an upgrade IOS.

I can connect to my NETGEAR wireless router and can connect to local devices on my network, not beyond my router which means it cannot unite to the Internet. In my 3G connection i will be able to connect to the internet and the good of all other devices (iPhone 4 iOS4, PC, laptop) I connect to wired and wireless Internet well. This trouble only started after an IOS 5 updating soon. You necessitate a solution!

I had no trouble with my iPhone since day one. Connected any Wifi is fast, reliable and maintains the connection. From the time they updated that begins falling IOS 5 Wifi, once you go to sleep or turn off the screen. It's 100% reproducible. To make matters worse, it will reconnect itself after you wake up like my old iPhone is, for example.

Nothing else has changed in any of my networks ,Wifi at home or at work. And on the basis of all the reviews I read here and elsewhere is clear that the IOS5 have a problem here.